Coldkill

Medal of Honour: Airborne

Anyone else got this and utterly disappointed? It really is the same as any other WW2 shooter except you jump out of an aircraft for every mission. That and you get to upgrade your guns. Whoopdie-freaking-do.

There really is nothing to do this game. Run around, blow stuff up, shoot people, blow more stuff up, complete mission.

Booooo! :tdown:

Tried the demo and it felt like every other Medal of Honor demo I have tried so far. For some reason I have always felt that shooting in MoH games is pretty awkward. Quite often, no matter how well I aim, I just can't hit the target and I'm left with a feeling that either the gun's sight is messed up or the game cheats.

I don't know how well they have used parachuting in other levels but in the demo map it felt completely useless. Didn't make playing less linear in any way.

I really liked the running, though.

(How it was executed, not running around.)

World War Two FPS have reached a big plataux of Meh, we all know that. I quite enjoyed Call of Duty 3, having said that.

Now we're getting all these alternate history games to try and make it more interesting. First we had Resistance: Fall of Manchester Cathedral, and soon we'll have Turning Point: Another Subtitle, which looks unintentionally hilarious.

Wasn't there meant to be a WW1 game in development as well? Can't wait for the Battle of the Somme level :P