BooJaka

So Metroid Prime 3 is released today

I've been meaning to get back into Metroid Prime 3. I was starting to enjoy it once I arrived on some new worlds. The early "Space Marine" parts were annoying as hell. But the game got lost somewhere in that perfect storm of games that started to hit in September. I should get back to it after I'm done with Super Mario Galaxy.

Ditto. I'd just gotten to the abandoned spacecraft, but then the frenzy of awesome hit and I haven't been back to it since. Hopefully over the winter break from school.

Oh god, how disappointing of them. I was so excited at the rumours that the game was actually a little more lenient this time around; that the developers had acknowledged they had made the previous two a tad too brutal. Clucking bell.

The boss itself isn't that bad, but they force you to trudge through a half-hour to an hours worth of tedious button mashing before each attempt. :tdown:

The boss itself isn't that bad, but they force you to trudge through a half-hour to an hours worth of tedious button mashing before each attempt. :tdown:

Wait...are you sure about that? In Prime 2 they had an un-acknowledged auto-save right before the final boss, so that if you hit "Retry" right after dying, it started you right at the boss again, rather than at the last save point...

Actually that's in place for every boss, retry puts you at the start of the battle.

MP3 does require you to beat 2 bosses at the end, and the retry point is before the first. The first is very easy so as not to be a consideration though.

I've been meaning to get back into Metroid Prime 3. I was starting to enjoy it once I arrived on some new worlds. The early "Space Marine" parts were annoying as hell. But the game got lost somewhere in that perfect storm of games that started to hit in September. I should get back to it after I'm done with Super Mario Galaxy.

Yeah, the space marine crap was....crap.