Sign in to follow this  
Spaff

A real Quake game is coming??

Yeah, I totally caught that when Carmack was talking about it. When I heard "two dev teams", and them calling it "Quake Arena", I put two-and-two together and figured they were turning Q3A into a franchise.

Very. Friggin. Pleased. :) :) :):tup: :tup: :tup:

Q3A is high up in my top10 list. It's honestly the best deathmatch experience. Sure, UT always had more options, and the UT2Kx games have vehicles and stuff, but nothing really matches the fast-paced thrill of a Q3A match.

Reading through that interview, one of the subtle, more interesting quotes was this:

[...] We're thinking about the game in every way as a sport. As an example, every time we're at tournaments we see players crank the graphics down to a flat-shaded mess. So I think as we develop, we can consider, guys playing competitively, that they want some contrast between the player and the back wall. It's not great to have in a competitive environment, a totally rusted wall and an orange player when you're trying to spot him across the map. Players like that contrast and that's just one thing that we're taking into consideration.

I'm hoping they end up doing something bold, like changing the art-style to match this contrast issue. Wouldn't it be incredibly neat to have high-detailed player models contrasting a minimalistic, flat-shaded, Rez-like background?

[edit]

Hmm ... on second thoughts, perhaps Rez wasn't the right game to go for. I'm thinking more like another Sega game, Jet Set Radio.

[/edit]

SiN