Sign in to follow this  
BooJaka

Freeloader

I'm most likely going to finally get a Wii real soon and so I've decided to spend some time looking up Gamecube games since I pretty much completely missed out of the last generation. Anyway, in doing that I came across something I didn't know existed: Freeloader.

For those who don't know (and I'm really assuming I'm the only person here who didn't know about it), Freeloader lets you play any Gamecube game from any country/region on any Gamecube console ie: I can import any Gamecube game I want.

My obvious reaction was then to look for one for Wii games as, living in the UK, we somewhat get the crap end of the deal when it comes to relases but all I could find in my (less than) extensive search was news from December saying there was one being developed.

Anyone heard any more about this?

There isn't one yet, hopefully it will exist some time though.. please :(

Freeloader is a godsend. BLESS YOU FREELOADER!

And here was me hoping this would be a thread about that laughable "free" games service, that - despite being on life support for the last 6+ years - refuses to die.

Hey, I got Hidden & Dangerous through that (back when it wasn't free like it is now).

Yeah I've got it. It allows me to play US No More Heroes and Smash Bros. Brawl on a PAL Wii just fine. Firmware updates could render it useless for later games... it hasn't happened yet so no one knows really.