toblix

I Bought an Xbox 360 Today!

...almost. I was this close! I was at the store, standing there, seriously considering buying it. Almost... almost... but I managed to tear away from the enthralling spell of the white cardboard box.

Mistake... or not a mistake?

Not a mistake. You should perhaps wait until there's something exciting besides Live Arcade..

I got mine for Dead Rising. Despite the lack of a huge amount of great games, there's enough good out there to make it worth it. (see: Viva Pinata, Hitman, Splinter Cell, Gears, Kameo, PGR3, etc) Of course, me being me, I'd only really call it a mistake if you didn't already have a PS2 with Guitar Hero on it. You've gotta have some way to play that game, and 360 looks like the best way to do it right now.

Probably not a mistake anyway for now. If there's not enough that appeals to you to make it irresistable, then hold off until something you really want drops. With my PS2, I sat by while MGS2, Ico, Rez, and many other fantastic games came out, then Katamari dropped and I couldn't hold off anymore. Got all the other games that I'd missed after that, and cheaper because I waited. Basically what I'm saying is, wait for your Katamari. When you find it, we'll have a few matches on Xbox Live.

Oh, and there's probably going to be some revisions that might be worth waiting for. Less noise from the console, stuff like that.

My friends and I have been obsessed with Guitar Hero II for PS2 ever since my friend got it for Christmas. So my other friend told me the other day that he bought Guitar Hero II for PS2 and I was dumbfounded. My friend owns a 360, and my innitial reaction was: why waste your money on a game we can already play when in about a month you can get a version that looks to be far superior in every song- and graphic-related aspect of the game.

Not a mistake.

There should be another price drop soon... All the same, Gears, Viva Pinata, Lost Planet are really worth playing, if you have the money and like any of those games. You should do it.

I got mine three weeks ago, and haven't looked back since, just wish I'd had the commomn sense and bought one on Boxing day.

Errr... There was one for the Gears of War release, and another one on the week after christmas, in Canada at least.

Obviously, the original price was reinstated, but significant price drops did happen. Could've saved 100 $ cdn on mine.