Thyroid

Idiot that plagues the internet (WOW and MMOs)

I've almost finished the official campaign for NWN2, and it's pretty damn good (I agree with you on the first game SP). It feels a lot like Baldurs Gate 2, with tones of KOTOR2. I'm looking forward to getting into the toolset once I'm done with SP.

And yes, there was some great MP options in the first game, which I expect can only be expanded upon in the new game. There were Persistant Worlds, which were like mini MMOs, but with the added benefit that the module makers can add content based upon player actions (I played on an excellent server called Battledale that included a player-driven storyline involving an old-time player becoming a lich and hence an NPC boss. I'll relate it all some other time, needless to say it blew me away).

Also, NWN is perfect for emulating table-top games. You can have one DM/mod-maker and a small group of players. The DM can make a new mod each month to continue the story based on what the players have done (and the DM system means that you can possess any NPC and play their part, just as in a table-top game). It's definatley sometyhing I'd like to try some day.

Wow. That actually sounds like something I could really get into. I shyed away from NWN2 because of all the bugs I'd been hearing about. Have the majority of them been resolved by now, or should I still wait a while?

There has been one major patch, which seems to have fixed the major complaints, such as the camera. No doubt there are still some glitches, but the only bug I've encountered is a very occasional crash during the truly massive battles.

NB just finished the game. After the excellent voice acting throughout the game, it was a dissapointment to hear what sounded like one of the designers awkwardly narrating the epilogue. Ouch. My advice: turn off your speakers when you finish the last boss.