Sign in to follow this  
Marek

Blogs about Japan

Hello thar!

I am looking for blogs:

• About Japan
  • That have pictures in them
  • That have an RSS feed

It can be about anything Japan related. Japanese food, gimmicks, toys, films, people, buildings, whatever.

Why? Because I need a list of them for a project at work.

So: if you have anything in your bookmarks folder that meets these criteria, post it here!!

Kthnxbai

http://japanmanship.blogspot.com/

You probably already knew this awesome blog, but it's about a gamedev in Japan who comically relates his adventures and vents his frustration. He actually posted here some time ago, once, and since that time we probably all read it :grin:

Not a blog, but this is a journal and has lots of pictures and information about what's in them. My friend Charles went to teach English in Japan, and after that decided he was going to tour all of Japan on a bicycle. He's almost at the end of it, and has been putting photos and commentary up on his flickr stream for the past year:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1manjapan/

Thanks for the help! Sadly I can't use flickr feeds as there's a licensing issue.

When the project is done I'll post a link here so you can all see what this was for.

Thanks for the help! Sadly I can't use flickr feeds as there's a licensing issue.

When the project is done I'll post a link here so you can all see what this was for.

Licensing issues? Many Flickr users have the option to use a CC license on their photos. Did you double check that? Besides, what licensing issues can a flickr feed have that a standard weblog feed wouldn't?

The content itself may be CC but apparently using flickr's RSS feeds or API for commercial purposes requires $$$. I was told by higherups to avoid flickr for this reason but I didn't actually verify this. :fart: