Sign in to follow this  
Roderick

Consolevania and VideoGaiden

Currently I've been watching, rewatching and watching again lots and lots of episodes from both shows, and I'm just smitten by it. I'm even talking with a Scottish accent nowadays. This morning (obviously during work) I was watching the episode with the Batman Begins review and I was just in stitches the whole time. I think these are the best gaming shows I've ever seen and I love them for what they are (being obscure bits of non-sequitur Pythonesque gaming sketches, the occasional review thrown in and heart-felt rants about the gaming industry and its vices like pretentious journalists).

Anyone else some thoughts about it? The Thumbcast told us Ryan and Rab were our friends, which obviously means we have a CV/VG-stronghold here and thus the flattery and apologist butt-kissing can commence without any repercussions. Begin.

It has tons of charm. It is a gaming show. How this works, I have no idea.

Anyway:

:hitler:GAS IN YA FACE !

Love love love it. Although I'll admit that sometimes my North American ears have a hard time weaseling their way through all the Scottish, it's still worth it to go back and rewatch occasionally just to figure out what they're saying.

TEAM!!!

The sketches are great and bizarre; the reviews are funny and informative *glares at Marek* - the guys are putting out best games-related tv I have ever seen and I hope they can keep going on, and getting more time and more funding, into the future.