Sign in to follow this  
Tommy Gun

2 GH Videos! Guitar Hero II strutter expert with fingering!, and playing cross arm

UPDATE: DivX versions available to download on the Downloads page. Also, more sites added:

Video 1: Guitar Hero II demo - Strutter (expert) with fingering!

Choose a Site: GameTrailers | GameSpot |

(skip the first minute if you hate me)

I did this so people (who haven't bought the demo) could see what expert looks like. It has a lot of three-button-chords, which are new to GH2. At the same time, I decided to show the live-action part of it (frets/strum on the plastic guitar), and put it at the top of the video. I flipped the video so it's a mirror image, that way the colors match up, making it easier to follow along.

So while this was just meant to show a new song, it's a pretty good video to send to friends who have never seen the game before, or people who are having trouble with chords and finger positions, and want to see a good shot of it.

Video 2: Guitar Hero Playing Positions

Choose a Site: GameTrailers | GameSpot |

A video demonstration of some different playing positions for Guitar Hero. Included are positions such as "flat," "upright bass," "cross arm," and more, all done during a single song (You Got Another Thing Comin' - Hard)! Finished with a five star review.

----------------

You can read my original post about the videos on my site. It has a lot more information, so please check it out if you liked either of the videos:

Cracked Rabbit Gaming info page

Also, here's a fun Far Cry Instincts video (speed run-ish) I made if you haven't already seen it.

Damn you. I went looking for the demo today, but couldn't find it anywhere. Bastard. I've been playing along with the videos on Gamespot since they started posting them, I need some actual feedback from the game.

EDIT: Ok, just played along with your Strutter vid. First off, I fucking love that song. Second, I'm going hunting for that demo again tomorrow, and will not come home until I'm victorious. Even though it's Thanksgiving. I will have that damn disc.

I've been playing along with the videos on Gamespot since they started posting them, I need some actual feedback from the game.

Hah, yeah, me too. It is a bit weird not being sure if you're actually doing it right. Did you see the video for Misirlou on expert? They showed it on On The Spot. It's insane!

Indeed I did. I haven't actually played along with it yet though, as I watched it before I decided to grab my SG and try it out.

Are you sure it was the expert one? It's just a short clip, all the full GS videos are on Hard. Here's the clip of expert (for anyone, or you if you haven't seen it):

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/puzzle/guitarhero2/video_player.html?id=d3ZnxDD75bgMvjbZ

It actually looks really fun. I think I can do it once I get the speed down. Those super fast chords though, hmmm...

Also, I put up the hi-res DivX versions of the videos, as well GameSpot and YouTube versions (see first post).

hey tommygun, you got linked on kotaku1

Aparently you're a listless boychik...

And you do indeed rock at Guitar hero. I could never be able to be that insanely good :clap:

hey tommygun, you got linked on kotaku1

Aparently you're a listless boychik...

:clap: Hah, thanks for posting that, they didn't actually link to me, so I may not have seen that otherwise. Sorry if I was listless, I filmed that at 5am. :blink: In my defense, it WAS an issue of OPM I was talking about. I guess what I should have said was, "It has Strutter, and THAT SONG IS !@#$ING AWESOME, BITCHES! AND CHECK OUT THIS PSP DEMO!"

Also, according to the comments, my hair "sucks" and it's "too bad his parents failed at telling him that looking like a retard for attention is a BAD thing". I didn't realize that's what I was doing. Noted. The best was from GAF:

Dude's like Goth meets Metro... Creepy.

Heh.

Some people are mean, sad little shits. ;(

Also, some people are just disgustingly good at Guitar Hero. :gaming:

I can, hand on heart, say that I'd be spectacularly shit at that game so full credit to you, Tommy. And keep up the feverish games coverage, too. :tup:

I was actually expecting a lot worse. It's weird though, my hair isn't THAT uncommon. Go to any punk show and half of them will have similar hair. It's not something you see every day normally, but they all act like I'm the only one ever! :eek:

I got a few comments about how the second video's song was easy, and that "[their] friends/girlfriend could do that." Well, just in case the rest of the internet hasn't met their friends, I put it up anyway. :grin:

Seriously? People have that much of a reaction to your fucking hair? Maybe I've been desensitized by the crowd I hang out with, but that seemed pretty normal to me. I know at least two other people who do that.

And yeah, that video that I saw was definitely on expert. I watched the bit on On The Spot where they dared what's-his-face to try it. I was able to play along competantly with your Strutter vid, but that Miserlou one just left me in the dust.

GAF is the last place on earth that should have any opinion on anyone's style or appearance.

Surprisingly, GAF was totally cool (the goth/metro comment was funny, not mean). All the stupid comments were from Kotaku (now I'm a "f*cking faggot":rolleyes: :yawn:, so original), and comments on GT or YouTube (majority were positive though).

It really doesn't bother me though, I'm so used to it. While I was walking down the street in S.F. a couple years ago, some guy wanted to fight me because of my hair, apparently. I was puzzled.

Just an FYI: your second video got linked aswell. This time with a link to your site.

Got the demo today. Pretty awesome. Definitely harder. Those three button chords really fuck me up cause I'm just not used to them yet. Instant sell.

Oh yeah...um... nice hair... hairey! :getmecoat

Just an FYI: your second video got linked aswell. This time with a link to your site.

Yep, I just saw that!

Man, things over at YouTube are insane! Right now it's at 20,000 views, and has 13 "honors"! Like "most discussed" in the video games category. The big ones are:

#26 - Most Discussed (Today) - All

#17 - Most Viewed (Today) - All

#50 - Top Favorites (Today) - All

:eek::woohoo:

Comments are always amusing. We have the "play real guitar, faggot!" side and the "it's just a game, chill out!" side going at it:

http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet?all_comments&v=pol0-wYckxI&fromurl=/watch%3Fv%3Dpol0-wYckxI

The only comment that got any kind of reaction from me when I was reading it was the one that said that he'd be embarrassed to play "Strutter" on any kind of guitar. Bastard. That song is awesome.

"You wanted the best, You got the best! The hottest band in the world! KISS!"

KISS is one of my all-time favourite bands, and Strutter is a fantastic song (but not the best).

The only comment that got any kind of reaction from me when I was reading it was the one that said that he'd be embarrassed to play "Strutter" on any kind of guitar. Bastard. That song is awesome.

I know! This exchange was cute:

lolup (9 hours ago)

Kiss sucks

stehenallein (8 hours ago)

you suck

I think that pretty much sums up every discussion on the internet (if you replace KISS with ).

Ok, just got the demo. (finally) Holy shit this is great. I've played all of the songs a bunch, and gotten 5 stars on those that are not YYZ. For some reason I can't seem to clear 90000 points on that one. Still, my god. I'll be playing this all weekend. Anybody know if you can have co-op working if you plug in a second controller?

Anybody know if you can have co-op working if you plug in a second controller?

Yep. I've been playing it with my friends. It's so nice that you can choose separate difficulties now! GH2 is going to own!

Thanks, Tommy! My multiplayer sessions always felt kinda crap because no one else would play on Expert with me. I'd end up yawning through a song on Medium so my companion could have a good time. Sounds like I need to gather up the ol' gang and get me some co-op going on.