Sign in to follow this  
OftenK

Man!festo Games

They need to ditch some of those rows of stars, get a real logo, and maybe add a background color to the area surrounding the page, and they'll have themselves a good website. The overall layout and the copy is really well done.

I still can't believe the logo. There were a couple of OK ones in the contest, but this one is bad. Not even in a "ha ha that's bad" way but just really really bad. Costik's a good writer but apparently has a terrible visual sense.

If I recall correctly, the guy who made that logo got an xbox 360 or equivalent.

the site is way to crouded.

but this is just another site with indie games, or is it more than just that?

but this is just another site with indie games, or is it more than just that?

No it's not. IT CHANGES EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING.

The idea is that besides being a portal, Manifesto Games promotes indie games as a whole and occasionally acts as investor. They claim not to just put games on a website but to try and solve all the marketing and PR issues of low-budget indie games, which sometimes struggle to get exposure on their own.

Or at least, that's what I gather from what Costik has posted in the past.

My friend Dave Gilbert might get his game, The Shivah, published there. However, If you would like the game, you should buy it directly from him because he gets the 100% cut. It's nice that he's getting some exposure, though!

Yeah, this post is sort of spammish, but it kind of relates to the topic, too! :grin: