Sign in to follow this  
Carlius

BS4....Hmmm

I haven't played those games, but I assume that death is the result of a poor choice, rather than from not having t3h l33t sk1llz. Right?

Death in Sierra games comes from lockpicking your nose or forgetting to comb every screen for useless shit that might be important five hours later when you can't get it anymore.

Designer-created, player-controlled protagonist- to seperate adventure games from RPGs, where the protagonist is also player-created.

So if the player was allowed to say, change how Manny Calavera looked, Grim Fandango would no longer be an adventure game?! Seems like you were trying to retrofit your description to fit all adventure games at that point without actually trying to define was an adventure game IS.

I've said it for quite a while now, but I still maintain that Knights of the Old Republic is a perfect example of the next logical progression of the adventure game. Of course there were RPG/player management elements in that game, but none of them overwhelmed the exploration/narrative/puzzle-solving/character interaction aspects, in fact they were really simple and required very little thought.

At the same time it added threat, danger and excitement to the usual mix of adventure game elements.

Argh, I got totally side-tracked: What game is Cecil designing for you LoonyBoi, and what company are you referring to?

It's SO SO SO sad to hear that Revolution has been reduced to one man genius working in his bedroom. The games industry is so shitty!

I guess BASS 2 is not happening then? Damn.

The adventure genre: a stepping stone to greater storytelling, world realisation, and character interaction in video games, born in an era where no other genre could do it particularly well.

Unfortunately, the games industry then proceeded to fall into the pond.

In North America, we call it "advancement." This is one reason why I hate North American terminology.

Argh, I got totally side-tracked: What game is Cecil designing for you LoonyBoi, and what company are you referring to?

He's working on the Da Vinci Code for 2K Games.

The actual game development is by The Collective, but Charles wrote the puzzles and the adventure aspect of the game design.

He's working on the Da Vinci Code for 2K Games.

The actual game development is by The Collective, but Charles wrote the puzzles and the adventure aspect of the game design.

You mean the Official Game of the Ron Howard Film Starring Audrey Tatu, Sir Ian McEllen, and Tom Hanks that was based on the Best-Selling Book by Dan Brown? :shifty:

I sure hope they give it that subtitle. Someone's gotta beat King Kong.

You mean the Official Game of the Ron Howard Film Starring Audrey Tatu, Sir Ian McEllen, and Tom Hanks that was based on the Best-Selling Book by Dan Brown? :shifty:

I sure hope they give it that subtitle. Someone's gotta beat King Kong.

No, it's just called The Da Vinci Code, sorry. :P

You guys aren't even going to do The Da Vinci Code: The Movie: The Game? The game industry just isn't what it used to be...

You guys aren't even going to do The Da Vinci Code: The Movie: The Game? The game industry just isn't what it used to be...

It wouldn't have mattered...anything we came up with would pale in comparison to Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie, or Mark Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure.

By comparison, Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Warlords is practically Pong.