Salka

Google Mars

Old news... PS... Marvin is somewhere on Mars, don't know the exact coordinates

Hmm I had no idea that the russians were there first..:eek:

Not only that, but they were also first on Venus and the moon (intact, at least).

no no no, I'm quite sure that Americans were first to the moon... the reason you don't know Russians were in space first, is because the Americans outdid them by landing on the moon :) and then nobody cared about the russian space mission.

I think. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Ooh! Ooh! I did a 10-page essay on this stuff in high school!

As far as I recall, the Russians technically got on the moon first. But only by crashing into it with an unmanned spaceship. The yankees actually thought it was a manned craft so the whole thing was thought to be a really close race, but then it turned out the ruskies weren't nearly as close as they'd thought.

Wasn't Stanley Kubrick the first man in the moon?

Nah, he just smashed a monolith into it. Much like the russians, but with more crazy monkeys killing each other.

Ooh! Ooh! I did a 10-page essay on this stuff in high school!

As far as I recall, the Russians technically got on the moon first. But only by crashing into it with an unmanned spaceship. The yankees actually thought it was a manned craft so the whole thing was thought to be a really close race, but then it turned out the ruskies weren't nearly as close as they'd thought.

LUNA 9 DAMNIT. Why must you forget about Luna 9!? http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap970907.html

First soft landing on an extraterrestrial body.

Here's a list of many many lunar (failures)missions. http://ares.jsc.nasa.gov/HumanExplore/Exploration/EXLibrary/docs/facts/LSumm1.htm

I also wrote a paper on space exploration, though I think mine was in grade school.

where's the gigantic head? I can't find the gigantic head!