Salka

Memo

The strangest thing just occured on the monitors. Jokemaster, was sucked through a hole in a wall. The monitor on the other side of the wall showed a gush of blood burst across the floors, spreading like a tin of spilt paint. I lost visual of Jokemaster at that point - until I noticed the footprints in the bloodstained floor walking away to South Terminal4. There are several people in the corridor. Strangest thing is they are all looking at something moving past them - but the monitors show nothing there...

Weird thing happened, I went into the game room, tried to use the TV, but for some reason, instead of it turning on I was sucked into it, and saw it's point of view, but when I tried to see if I could see another channel, the thing blew up. Thankfully at that moment I was sucked back out.

Cabbage, Yuf, and Lailoken aren't gonna be happy....

It is the quiet waiting that is freaking me out. That and Guy. Today he made a remark about the lasagne and I am sure he meant it in a sinister way. He is simply so sinister.

Yufster has gone off-line in a manner of speaking. No news from her at all. The old man is going to be so mad. There goes the theory of the perfect specimen and the whole survival of the fittest (I never BELIEVED the stupid theory to be honest. Monkeys?) I am deeply sorry for I would have liked to test my mettle with her. Maybe another version? The old man won't give up so easily and I don't blame him. Project Genesis is worth any sacrifice, any!

On another note, the EEP-readings are off the hook. Something is definitely happening in there. Somebody made a remark about funding this Dr Wenkman and how that is going to "haunt" us. I don't get it and I will kill that person for he must surely think himself smarter than me and we can't have that!

I quit smoking again. Figure the best part of my life is ahead of me! Can't wait to tell Rachel I am going to marry her. She'll be so thrilled!

Added: Apparently some of the special brand-new Full HD TVs were broken in an unclarified incident yesterday. I am saddened as I was planning to "take" at least a couple of them home with me. Not like the people here are going to get any more use out of them...

Two weeks ago, four researchers in the Bambii Wing contracted M5 Ylaremia while working with this biowarfare microbe. The outbreak of this biowarfare microbe was not discovered by B.W. until three days ago. It was not revealed to the directors until Mr. Gretenscratchi suprised his doting wife with an intimate candlelit meal followed by her contracting the desease and her head swelling to three times it's normal size before exploding all over their Teddy Roosevelt Terrier. Mr Gretenscratchi is now also dead having vomitted so violently, that his organs compressed through his airway and he eventually died by tearing his own throat out. In both cases the xeno was unable to continue in external conditions.

This outbreak of M5 Ylaremia from Bambii laboratories is worrisome not just because it led to the infection of the general public, so to speak. But also it does give us insight into how Bambii Wing operates labs working with bioxenomorphic agents. The experiments done with M5 Ylaremia are exactly the same experiments they plan on doing with even more deadly organisms in their proposed BSL9 lab. The M5 Ylaremia outbreak uncovered a complete breakdown in Bambii's biosecurity:

1) The researchers did not follow the mandatory protocol nor did they use the available safety equipment.

2) The bacteria used in the experiments got mixed up, and an infectious form was used when they thought they were using a non-infectious strain.

3) Researchers became ill with the disease that they were working on, one, it is now known, to the point of seizing so intensely, she reduced her spine to dust, and choked to death on her own excreation that was reverse-forced into her oral cavity. None of these highly trained professionals noticed this outbreak - even with the dead woman. They thought she had choked on a masugar fishnut sweet.

4) Researchers in the lab tested their own blood in August 2005 and found that they were positive for exposure to M5 Ylaremia. What should have been a very disturbing finding did not trigger any alarms at BWLD.

5) These experiments were not reviewed by the Institutional Biosafety Committee prior to the start of the experiment. This was a flagrant violation of university and federal policy. It also eliminated the only avenue of public oversight into the lab activity.

6) B.W. did not follow public safety protocols of promptly informing the facility health officials of the outbreak of this bioxenomorphic agent. They are required to report the outbreak within 24 hours of suspecting the outbreak. They waited almost two weeks.

7) B.W. officials and Mayor Kukafrige intentionally kept this important information from the staff during the lab application review process, choosing to protect the financial interests of the facility and developers over public safety concerns.

B.W. had a complete breakdown of biosafety with this incurable bacteria and now they say they are ready to work with deadly, incurable breedable organisms. The M5 Ylaremia outbreak has proven that they are not. If we at all live through this, I strongly urge you to reconsider future tests of these creatures and their bacterium siblings.

Bloody shitcakes, what has become of me?! The last memory I have of being truly myself was of seeing Savage Cabbage open the stairwell doors as I headed upwards to 13B. I waved at him as I walked past, then seconds later collapsed as my chest grew numb and everything grew dark.

I assume I must have been out... far beyond mere unconsciousness... for days. Frankly, I'm surprised I came back at all. I have been forced to conclude that somehow this virus kept me alive. Well... not quite fully alive I should say, I am certainly... different now. I still have no sensation in my torso or the back of my head, my limbs feel like they're made of lead, and from these damn spasms I can only assume that I still have severe internal trauma that doesn't seem to be healing as time goes by. My blood has thickened and turned black, and I am no longer able to poo.

I think I've missed most of the show unfortunately. During my 'downtime', someone had done poor Whitey in, and the 60 metres of access tunnels to the surface and the 10 floors of the facility immediately below them have been destroyed by some sort of thermo-nuclear device, effectively sealing the rest of the outbreak beneath a 100 metre cauterised crust of molten slag and scorched earth. I wonder how Savage Cabbage is doing, maybe he's the one that saved me from whatever it was that attacked me on the stairs?

Down here in the cellars where I crawled, away from the buring light that so hurts my wretched eyes now, I wait... and listen. Between the haunted murmurs that waft around these depths, from the distant whispers in the air vents I have caught small soundbites and small pinches of reality that suggest Savage Cabbage and Lailloken have the situation under control now. Perhaps they will find me one day, when they come to finally clear this damn place out. Perhaps time will eventually see me paraded about in a cage, or carted from lab to lab as scientists perform experiments on me, trying to determine why my brain is still cogniscent while the rest of my useless body is clearly in a state of semi-animate necrosis.

Still, even mentally, I am not half the man I was. My mental faculties have retarded to the point where writing this final memo has taken me ten and a half days! Only my vast experience as a tester has enabled me to keep things relatively clear and error free. Oh, dear god how I miss the games...