Sign in to follow this  
Marek

The Brothers Grimm trailer

Been looking forward to this, though the trailer hasn't really elevated my enthusiasm at all. I mean, the bloody thing starts with the word "In a world..." I know that the trailer isn't Gilliam's work here, but that kind of cliched nonsense is really offputting.

that trailer looks extremely "guy in marketing has no idea what to do with the film so he orders that they cut it into 'stock trailer #2' format"

You know, marketing people are very, very seldom brilliant and creative.

I guess that is true of people in general, but lately I've been marketing types-hatin' more than the rest of people-hatin'.

Yeah, the trailer was bullshit, but the stuff IN the trailer ruled. I can't wait for this movie. Look at it! It's got that great Gilliam fantasy-baroque look to it that seems awesomely anachronistic for 2005 despite how much polish there is.

Nearly every Gilliam movie that wasn't Monty Python ended with me feeling ambivalent about it.

I'll see it and judge it.

Even Brazil?

Even the not-chopped-up Brazil?

Even Brazil?

Even the not-chopped-up Brazil?

Okay not Brazil. How can I refuse Michael Palin?

I thought many of his movies were kinda so-so, they're not bad, just so-so.

Now the Monty Python movies that he co-directed with Jones, they were genius. And the Flying Circus. Oh Monty Python... :chaste:

Gilliam's movies are generally flawed, but I feel that the spirit and craftsmanship with which they are always infused easily overpowers their flaws. I really love Gilliam.

Fear and Loathing and the 12 Monkeys were quite amazing. Brazil was beautiful and everything, but kinda lame when all is said and done.

I like Brazil more than 12 Monkeys and way more than Fear and Loathing.