Savage Cabbage

Games that don't cut the mustard...but are quite good, actually.

I've been searching ebay (can't go out :sad: ) for games I have overlooked because there was always something new and clearly better to play. I'm talking games that never really excited anyone in the reviews but might appeal to me personally. I found, for five of the queens pounds, Crashed by RAGE Software. It turned out to be a great Destruction Derby style game with some pretty good crash physics. It plays like FLATOUT minus the inappropriate, and frankly damn anoying, driver being flung out of the car every time you scrapped a wall.

I found myself having huge fun and wondering just how many people must have overlooked this game that is really quite entertaining.

So, to all of you, what games have you played that is actually not bad but you know hardly anyone has played. (all formats)

Knights of Honor is totally awesome (for a while at least), but it has hardly been mentioned anywhere...

But maybe that's because it only came out a few days/weeks ago or so in USA, while in Europe it was released in the end of the last year.

I never played the battles myself, and this worked well for me -- I could focus on strategy and leave the tactics to a random function (or possibly AI, not sure).

At first it seemed like it had all the elements of the strategy game I've always wanted to play -- having warfare, economy, espionage, diplomacy, city building etc. all packed in a good looking visual design, having the right balance between simplicity and complexity yadayadayada... But after I progressed in the game, it started showing lack of depth in some areas. But it's still damn good.

Apparently if they don't "cut the mustard", everybody thinks they are pure :fart: ....

Do I ever dare make a suggestion? :shifty:

I thought One Must Fall:Battleground was pretty cool. It didn't get much adverstising and it got very mixed reviews (gamespot thought it was pretty good but pc gamer thought it sucked) so I don't think many people bought it. I only found the game when I was in canada. It did have it's flaws and I could understand why it got mixed reviews, but I still thought that it was pretty cool.

That's two already I had never heard of but like the sound of. I'm just downloading Knights of Honour now. It's available at Play.com for just £17.99 thanks guys

Knights of Honor is totally awesome (for a while at least), but it has hardly been mentioned anywhere...

But maybe that's because it only came out a few days/weeks ago or so in USA, while in Europe it was released in the end of the last year.

I never played the battles myself, and this worked well for me -- I could focus on strategy and leave the tactics to a random function (or possibly AI, not sure).

At first it seemed like it had all the elements of the strategy game I've always wanted to play -- having warfare, economy, espionage, diplomacy, city building etc. all packed in a good looking visual design, having the right balance between simplicity and complexity yadayadayada... But after I progressed in the game, it started showing lack of depth in some areas. But it's still damn good.

I stopped playing the demo when it told me that holding money would cause inflation...

Wirror War is a Korean RPG/RTS games, half Diablo, half Warcraft, which I enjoyed a lot...

It even got a sequel, I think...

I really don't have many unpopular or lowrated games, mainly because of the shortage of money (I don't want to waste my savings to a game that may totally suck). Maybe closest to this is Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive. Don't know how popular it is/was, but at least GameSpot gave it 6.8 points which is totally wrong in my opinion. I guess it has always been in the shadow of Commandos games (didn't like these that much). I totally love this game and I think it's one of the best ones I own. Really addictive and fun and totally worth buying.

Yeah, I *loved* Desperados. The levels were great (and plentiful), the characters had cool skills, and the quick action system, which let you queue up one action per character and have them perform them simultaneously was really great. The only sad thing is that the developers then decided to release the steaming, steaming pile of crusty feces that is Robin Hood and the Legend of Sherwood or something, which used the same engine, but in a hard-sucking actiony setting.

The best game of the type is still Commandos 2, though, because of the excellently huge levels. Too bad those developers also felt they held a too high level of quality and released the from-ass-pulled Commandos 3, which also had a big action focus, which sucks for these kinds of games.

I personally prefer Desperados to Commandos. I got bored in Commandos 2 (or maybe 3, no I think it was 2) somewhere in the middle or near the end because some of the levels were so big and complex and you had all this repetitive stuff to do...

Robin Hood was kind of good too, but how the hell did they manage to screw up the graphics? Compared to desperados, it looked pretty amateur at times (especially the load/save page).