Sign in to follow this  
toblix

Psychonauts Difficulty Curve

** Spoiler **

EasyeasyeasyeasyeasyeasyeasyeasyeasyeasyIMPOSSIBLE!

I was looking forward to this game so much, and I loved everything about it up to the end and now it looks like I'll never even finish it. That's some sweet game design decisions right there at the end. Freaking Meat Circus...

Tee, it's not that difficult. Which part exactly are you having difficulty with? I don't know if it's because the PC controls easier or what, but I found both the meat circus (once you work out the "trick" to each area) and the apparently impossible punching game in Coach's mind fairly simple. In fact, I don't think I've ever even failed at the punching game.

Just remember to make plentiful use of your powers and bacon, if you're utterly stuck. I kept bollocking up the tightroping at first, until I remembered that I can just run along it with invisiblity (plus the double length invisiblity addon I earned previously) and totally avoid the whole fireballing thing. In fact, most of that level becomes extremely easy if you use the double length invisiblity and shield throughout -- including the bosses.

I would like to point out that the double mispelling of invisibility above was completely accidental.

God damn.

I did it, and loved it.

But riddle me this:

Am I the only one who thinks that most end-games suck? I always enjoy the early and mid-game portions of games, but towards the end they become hectic and chaotic and too full of bosses and stuff. I guess it's just me.

Yes, games often fail to end on quite as high a note as the game itself, particularly if the game is of a very high quality. I mean, it really is difficult to do a truly great game justice in the form of an ending.

Psychonauts managed it better than most, but it's still undeniably not perfect. It's a very good ending in my opinion (as in, the whole sequence from "the point of no return"), but the whole lead-up to it prior was generally more enjoyable and just generally packed full of coolness.

How do i get past the part where your father is on the meat and flaming metal grills are around him ? How do i jump from one to another ? :frusty:

I misread your post, sorry. I guess that you just need to remember that both sides of the fence are climbable. I prefer climing on the inside, where Raz's Dad is. Try getting to a high corner of one grating and bounce/float to give you more distance and power to steer Raz..

WOW ! I got amazingly lucky, I was redoing the acrobatic area and was on a trampoline when for some reason it rocketed me to the roof of the area - i thought i was stuck but I fell and landed on the meat right after the grill area ! Guess some bugs can be useful...

Just finished the game, felt the ending was a bit slow but good. :clap:

Why is lilly so sad ? Could she be breaking up with our hero !? :eek:

Why is lilly so sad ? Could she be breaking up with our hero !? :eek:

Her father was only kidnapped.

Yea but she looked sad even after they kissed , before she found out her dad was stolen

Could that be possibly because the summer camp is over and they have to go homewardly?

Could that be possibly because the summer camp is over and they have to go homewardly?

Yea, sad but not that sad ; she did afterall just kiss her boyfriend didn't she ? At least a smile. I thought she was going to leave him or something...

Hey could someone please help me with this:

[i playewd the demo]

Somewhere in this track you have to do for this general, are these horizontal poles where you have to swing from one to another.

However, if you start from the left, you have to swing clockwise, but once you have reached the top, you must swing counterclockwise. I spoiled 20 minutes to get Raz changed from swinging clockwise to counterclockwise, but I didn't succeed. How should I do this???

Thanks,

Jaap

Er...have you tried pressing "Y"? Unless, of course, you're talking about the PC demo, in which case I have no idea what to press.

It should be whatever your use key is set to.

OK thanks it works (it's the f-use key for my pc-demo),

I think I now feel stupid why I didn't try that.... :erm:

yeah, whatever.

Just finished it, Tim is God etc...

I didn't think it got too hard. I like my platformers punishing and frustrating. No sense of achievement otherwise. I spent days getting 120 stars in mario64...

The last few bosses were great, and I loved when Raz's dad makes him huge and flaming. Also the end sequence was great, liked the plane and back to future -type ending.

Excellent game. If you disagree with anything in this post, you are wrong.

yeah, whatever.

Just finished it, Tim is God etc...

I didn't think it got too hard. I like my platformers punishing and frustrating. No sense of achievement otherwise. I spent days getting 120 stars in mario64...

The last few bosses were great, and I loved when Raz's dad makes him huge and flaming. Also the end sequence was great, liked the plane and back to future -type ending.

Excellent game. If you disagree with anything in this post, you are wrong.

So it was back to the future-y, I thought it was just me

Nagging loose end (the only one):

there's another brain in Loboto's lab, i.e. not Mr. Pokeylope, Sasha, or Milla's, sitting on a plinth. You can throw it into the tank, but nothing happens. Whose brain is this? I got the rank 100 secret cut scene, and it didn't clear it up, although I thought it was going to.