Sign in to follow this  
Intrepid Homoludens

Watch these upcoming games

Okay, goddammit! We need to arouse this damn forum with excitement and wotknots!

cthulhu_040804_011_1081470176_thumb.jpgcall-of-cthulhu-dark-corners-of-the-earth-20040513080416493_thumb.jpg

callofcthulhu_022004_000_thumb.jpgcallofcthulhu_112102_012_thumb.jpg

Call of Cthulhu

Classification: Genre hybrid (RPG/FPS/Adventure)

Official site

Latest official trailer

Set during the 1920s, Call of Cthulhu is based on the Cthulhu Mythos of HP Lovecraft, an American writer of fantasy and horror. Lovecraft's stories tell of unthinkable evil, psychic possession, and mythical worlds and his work has profoundly influenced numerous fantasy and science fiction writers, including Stephen King and Anne Rice.

fahrenheit21.jpg

Fahrenheit

Classification: Adventure

Developer's site (embedded in-game footage shown)

Latest official trailer (free registration required)

New York, January 2009 - For no apparent reason, ordinary people are killing total strangers in public places. Although there is no link between the murderers, they all seem to respect exactly the same ritual and pattern. Lucas Kane becomes another of these murderers when he kills a stranger in the men's room of a restaurant. Haunted by strange visions, he must keep one step ahead of the police to find out what is happening to him. Inspector Carla Valenti and her teammate agent Tyler Miles are in charge of the investigation. A series of disturbing clues projects them into a world they had never even dreamed of…

Meanwhile, the early onset of winter paralyses Manhattan in an unbearable fury of cold and snow. Each day the temperature drops, as a coat of brilliant white snow is drawn over the dark streets of New York. One thing is sure: The final countdown has already begun…

589700_20040512_thumb015.jpg 589700_20040512_thumb001.jpg 589700_20040512_thumb002.jpg

Dreamfall (the sequel to The Longest Journey)

Classification: Adventure

Official site

Three lives intertwined, destined to collide, caught up in momentous events that will change them forever.

Follow and control Zoë, April, and Kian through a fascinating and original storyline that weaves the past, present, and future – and three worlds – into a unique and exciting gameplay experience.

ss_feb037b.jpgss_feb038b.jpgss_feb0310b.jpgss_feb0312b.jpg

Ground Control 2

classification: Real Time stategy

release date: july 2004

official site

teaser trailer (direct link)

Ground Control 2 : Operation Exodus takes place during the year 2741 AD, roughly 300 years after the events in the original game. The democratic and freedom caring Northern Star Alliance (NSA) is being hard pressed by the warmongering Terran Empire. The war has recently entered a new stage; a brutal and deadly ground war, as the Empire has managed to land their first troopships on the last NSA controlled planet – Morningstar Prime.

No base building, no resource harvesting, just pure strategy. All you need is handfull of (kickass!) units and your strategic wits.

GC2 looks awesome ysbreker, ta for the screen and links. I'm playing and loving the original at the moment, although I'm not normally a huge fan of RTS (it's the squad tactics and micro management that I find so much more enjoyable than other RTSs). Here's hoping they pull off the sequel properly.

I forgot to mention this one:

920180_20040430_thumb001.jpg920180_20040430_thumb002.jpg920180_20040430_thumb003.jpglocomotion_thumb003.jpg

Locomotion

classification: transport sim

release date: september 2004

no official site yet

first info about locomotion

Ever since the original, I've wanted to create a new version of Transport Tycoon. In fact, I've been working on new versions on and off since 1996. However, these projects were either abandoned or postponed while I concentrated on RollerCoaster Tycoon and RollerCoaster Tycoon 2. In fact, both [of these games] grew out of code written specifically for a new version of Transport Tycoon. Once RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 was finished, I decided to concentrate fully on creating a new transport game, using all the ideas and experience from the previous attempts and from the original game.

Call of Cthulhu looks interesting... But maybe it will just be another silent hill type game.

I think that Kill All Humans (I think that's the name) looks like it could be entertaining. DOn't have a link though, I'll probably by ostracized forever because of it too.

I think that Kill All Humans (I think that's the name) looks like it could be entertaining. DOn't have a link though, I'll probably by ostracized forever because of it too.

Destroy All Humans

Some of the concept art on that is spectacular. More companies should release higher res concept art! it is teh win.