Marek

Embarassing but also awesome game music performance

I don't know if supermungous means good or bad, but I've seen that video before. It's impressive how he can make the noises, except that the guy totally sucks at playing on the right key, and playing it right compared to this guy: http://www.ebaumsworld.com/mariopiano.html (the mario piano video I was talking about)

well yeah playing in time seems to be a problem for him, but i think he deserves an A for effort.

the piano and guitar versions require much more pratice and skill.

but they had a good time making it and thats the most important thing.

I'm not so sure about that... The guitar version looked sort of tricky, but I'm amazed how impressed people are by the piano one. If I remember, both versions had an absolutely shit sense of rhythm. They both hit a lot of wrong notes too but it's a bit more forgivable on the guitar because that instrument is less suited to that kind of playing. It takes a LOT of skill and practice to be able to sing in key like that with no accompaniment except for a bunch of other people who are also singing with no accompaniment. Complex ensemble work of any kind is always a challenge because in addition to getting your part right you have to be constantly keeping track of the other musicians and when you're singing with no instruments to keep the pitch you have to make sure that if for whatever reason a few people DO fluctuate everyone stays relative.

Please Chris, it's just singing from what I can tell in that video. And anyone can sing.

Yeah. Anyone at all. You don't see people doing it though - breaking out in unaccompanied well conceived meticulous harmonic renditions of popular songs - because it's gay, see? Glad we're all squared away on this subject.