Sign in to follow this  
Jake

"Stinkoman" game on Homestarrunner

http://homestarrunner.com/stinkogame/stinkogame.html

I know people have mixed feelings about the Homestar stuff (as in, some people think it's funny, some people think it's utterly retarded, and some people think it's both), but it's hard to complain about their games. Sometime in the recent past they put up a Mega Man parody based around Stinkoman (the "anime version" of Strong Bad from the "what would you be like as an japanese cartoon?" email episode), and it's pretty funny, and good also.

stinko1.jpg

stinko2.jpg

stinko3.jpg

Also worth investigating if you haven't is Peasant's Quest, a take of on Sierra style adventure games. You've probably seen that one (and the Stinkoman game too) but whatever. Enjoyment all around.

Also, secret collect.

I'm a fan of homestar but I do agree with what you've said. I thought the stinkoman game was brilliant, not only is it funny but in my opinion the level design is supurb. Especially for a flash platformer.

Good game.

Peasant's quest was great as well, they really put alot of time and thinking into these games.

I like the stuff on the homestar site a lot myself, but I know that there are a lot of people who don't. That's the only reason I put that disclaimer in my post.

Keep striving until you REACH YOUR GOALS or you'll be stuck with the same dead end friends you've had since HIGH SCHOOL.

The game manual is pretty dang funny. :grin:

Only problem, internet slowdown. I would love these games if I could download them.

Only problem, internet slowdown. I would love these games if I could download them.

It's probably Flash slowdown more than Internet slowdown... so it's probably your computer (which needs to be retardedly fast to run complex Flash games at any reasonable rate) :( Unless you're talking about some sort of streaming issues, which would be kind of weird?

Game Brains described Homestar Runner as a site that single-handedly defines why the internet exists. I think if you read into it that some people think it's retarded, and some think it's funny, that still applies. I personally love the site. :oldman: Though Strong Bad never responds to my emails, that... Stinko.

Heh. The "jumping cup" monster in Stinkoman is named Jaro. Hahah. :gaming: Funny.

I think the strong bad people get like, what, ten thousand emails a day? That may be why he doesn't reply.