Sign in to follow this  
Jayel

Nightmare before christmas screenshots WTF

http://www.totalvideo games.com/pages/articles/index.php?article_id=5773

looks shitty.

Love the graphics though (sans the green goo -wtf is that!!!!)

Actually, it was kinda fun. At least, the demo level I played was. And the green goo is called a "rubber soul" attack (beatles fans eat your heart out). It works like a whip, basically, except that you can pick people up with it and smack them into the ground/other enemies.

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that the Nightmare Before Christmas game only takes place in Halloween Town and Christmas Town? I mean Jesus, the film opens with the ring of trees which one can only assume go to towns/worlds for all major (US-celebrated) holidays... why when you're given the license to make a game do you only recreate the two from the film? So weak.

Guest James

gnaw, ps2 and capcom and a truly great license wasted, bah. quite clearly american mcgee should be doing anything burton related.

Yeah the game is fun five minutes but I think the gameplay associated to the rubber things is too light right now.

In fact I'm agree that this is really not this kind of game they should use for the licence, exactly like Fight Club which is ... ridiculous .

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that the Nightmare Before Christmas game only takes place in Halloween Town and Christmas Town? I mean Jesus, the film opens with the ring of trees which one can only assume go to towns/worlds for all major (US-celebrated) holidays... why when you're given the license to make a game do you only recreate the two from the film? So weak.

Yep, I agree. I can't be enthusiastic for a game that is trying but won't succeed to recreate the movie's atmosfear.. but I could for a game that'd dig the concept express in the intro of the film :

"Twas a long time ago,

Longer now than it seems

in a place that perhaps

you've seen in your dreams

For the story that you are about to be told

began with the holiday worlds of old

Now, you've probably wondered

where holidays come from.

If you haven't I'd say

it's time you begun.

For the holidays are the result of much fuss

and hard work from the worlds that create them us

Well you see now, quite simply

that's all that they do,

making one unique holiday

especially for you

But once, a calamity ever so great

occured when two holidays met by mistake

"

Guest James

eh gods its a lama - are you gonna sue winamp for kicking your ass?

gnaw, ps2 and capcom and a truly great license wasted, bah. quite clearly american mcgee should be doing anything burton related.

Egads, no. McGee would just go out of his way to make it all fucked up and more weird than it already is, and totally forget about the soul of the thing.

iTunes here...... :P

Yeah ... Winamp kicks llama's ass, iTunes kicks every ass in the world.

I have all my Cds on iTunes and with the shared music library it's awesome (sorry for the off topic)

Guest James
Egads, no. McGee would just go out of his way to make it all fucked up and more weird than it already is, and totally forget about the soul of the thing.

its funny cause its true. in fairness, all he's done is convert fairytales into fairytales for goth teens, and not even in that mature a fashion. but actually creating a fairytale ala burton (cmon big fish dvd!) is prolly beyond him.

convert fairytales into fairytales for goth teens

He has done his only once, hasn't he? I think it was quite successful .. anyway, he has just develop a way of seeing Alice that lots of critics agree on...

But I agree with Chris here his way of proceeding seems quite automatic and applying it to Burton's work wouldn't be a good idea.

PS : I don't think that Burton will ever again produce a movie like Edward or Nighmare before Christmas... not after a movie like Big Fish that seems to make an end to his 'I want to believe in ghost' trauma