Sign in to follow this  
Intrepid Homoludens

SWAT 4 demo

I highly recommend it. If you like tactical shooters then it doesn't get much better, really.

Also, there's lots of replayability in the demo, as enemies and civilians are randomly places around the map everytime you restart, making each experience unique. It's been on my hard-drive for a while now and I'm still not tired of it. :)

It's very good, thanks. Quite tricky, precisely because the enemies are dynamic - they run, hide, and move around the leve. I guess I, um....did an 'overnighter' playing it. Got killed twice. On my third time now. Except that I seem to be one weapon evidence away from beating the demo, I think. I can't find the stupid gun!

I've never been interested in the SWAT games franchise, but this fourth one got me excited.

Irrational sure knows how to make good games.

Yeah the demo's great, allot of replay value. For my tactical FPS fix it was either this or Brothers in Arms that would get my $50. I ended up choosing BiA mainly because...well...it came out first, and I'm impatient :mock: (very good game, by the way). And also I'd probably finish all of SWAT4 in under an hour, as I've gotten way too good at it through this demo. Bustin' in rapidly with only less then lethal weapons and flash-bangers, and having everyone tied up in a matter of minutes....

It's very good, thanks. Quite tricky, precisely because the enemies are dynamic - they run, hide, and move around the leve. I guess I, um....did an 'overnighter' playing it. Got killed twice. On my third time now. Except that I seem to be one weapon evidence away from beating the demo, I think. I can't find the stupid gun!

You don't need to get all the guns, just incapacitate or tie up all the suspects, and tie up the hostages. You just get extra points for securing all the guns and reporting everything and all that. To end the demo, once everyone is secure, just press escape and click debrief. Though maybe you know this and just wanted to do everything right.

I didn't know you had to 'esc' and then debrief, I thought once you did everything the game automatically ends. But it looked like I did every single thing right. And none of my men died or was even scratched. I did, however, kill one suspect, but only because I ran out of rubber ammo for my shotgun. I should have let my men handle him but I was the closest and he turned to fire at me.