Sign in to follow this  
Dr Edison 007

SNES Role-Playing-Games

.... Super Nes Role-Playing-Games.

They bother the hell out of me, well let me re-word that, the fans of them bother the hell outta me.

The people say things like, "Chrono Trigger has such wonderful graphics" look at the PC games, Day of the Tentacle came out far before it and has much better and much bigger graphics.

The sophistication is low on them too. On the SNES we have melodramatic plots, on the PC at that time we have talking animals making fun of Woody Allen.

Gameplay is decent, nothing special though and I have played "the greats."

RPGs just really bother me, but so do most things so I doubt my opinion matters.

If there's one thing Larry David can do, its bitch.

And you're comparing console RPGs to PC adventure games...Why not compare console adventures to PC ones, like "Earthbound" for SNES, etc. Also, the cartridge limitations were killer for the SNES games.

But the real reason the two are so different are because consoles at the time, and even now, were basically 100% Japanese. They dig the melodrama, and aren't into the LEC style humor.

I like Chrono Trigger. I thought it was as open ended as a console rpg could get. The graphics are the best of the lot, and the story... I don't remember the story. still my favourite console rpg (aside from KOTOR). of course pc rpgs are way more mature.

Final Fantasy 6 was great too, although i only beat 1/3rd of the game.

Other SNES RPGs sucked.

If there's one thing Larry David can do, its bitch.

That's exactly why I picked him as my avatar.

Yes, and it felt wrong comparing those two genres while typing, but I'm still hold to my believes, with the exception of EarthBound (I really enjoyed the atmosphere, not so much some of its childish humour) and Chrono Trigger.

Jayel: It's story was basically about saving the world from this giant monster awakening in 1999, from that it gets a lot deeper.

Secret of Mana

Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2)

These two games are both on my 'Uber Secret Special Favourite Games' list.

If you haven't played them then DO!

Both absolutely superb examples of excelent SNES RPGs

I think it's the epic feel that gets me hooked, and I thought the story lines Rox0red.

I thought Secret of Mana was a Zelda clone, and not an RPG?

Or maybe I remember it wrong.

It had elements of both. I found the weapon and magic leveling up systems to be really annoying. It took so long.

Who the hell changed the title of the topic?

I understand why it was done, but I still would like to know who.

Only you or a moderator can do that. Since it wasn't you, it was probably Kingz or ysbreaker, since they seem to be the most active moderators...