General Fuzzy McBitty

Fuck... I think I broke it

My Slim PS2 is being the devil. I hit the button to put it in standby mode, and it didn't go into standby mode, so I held it down for a few seconds, and now when I plug it in the disk doesnt read.

Going to the menu system just shows the 2 mem cards and the Reading Disc... text.

Did the DVD drive take a shit on me? Is it broken? Can I fix it?

HELP ME OBI WAN!

Why did you need to use standby mode in the first place?

Playstation consoles have a reputation for being frail. I remember my Playstation's (PS1) controller, how fucking delicate it was. I wore it out, and I am not one of those who throw their controllers at the wall if they can't beat a boss. It just.....wore out with regualr use :erm: ! In this case I think Sony has much to learn from Microstrong. :grin:

:eek:WHAT?!! I thought overheating game consoles were the thing of the past! Like, during the days of the Intellivision. WTF is it with Sony?

Forget it! I am NOT ever getting the PS2 Kate Moss version. Not that I ever planned on getting it.

Give me a fucking break, it doesn't overheat in stand-by mode. You'd have to be an over-protective pecker to unplug it each time....it probably broke because you were living vicariously through it.

Stand-by is basically off. When you shutdown your computer, you think it's off, but it isn't really unless you shut off the power supply.

And how often do you do that?

The unit itself works. It just doesn't show the cd player in the menu at all. It DOES show the 2 mem cards.

My girl friend says that it's been giving her problems with loading cds as well.

This leaves me to believe that it has a defective cd/dvd drive, as PS2s have been known for having such problems with the drive.

In any event, it hasn't yet been 90 days, so I can still get another from the store I bought it from.

:eek:WHAT?!! I thought overheating game consoles were the thing of the past! Like, during the days of the Intellivision. WTF is it with Sony?

Forget it! I am NOT ever getting the PS2 Kate Moss version. Not that I ever planned on getting it.

I play my PS2 sometimes 8 hours non-stop. Not a single glitch. I have the fat one though. Maybe it;s just defective. Or maybe General Fuzzy McBitty, you got very big fingers?????? :erm:

Hold on guys? Doesn't it have an on/off switch?????? My fat PS2 does, it's in the back of the console, and it has a standby button and eject button in the front. The slim one doesn't have that?

Hold on guys? Doesn't it have an on/off switch?????? My fat PS2 does, it's in the back of the console, and it has a standby button and eject button in the front. The slim one doesn't have that?

No. The slim just has the front switches.

The only reason I was worried about over heating was that the guy at Game Stop told me that someone brought one in that looked like it had been blow torched, and said that they'd played it for 8 hours or so and smelled burning.

Maybe they tourched it, but I figured better safe than sorry.