Sign in to follow this  
JimmyTheFish

CS:S Bot Zombies

Anyone here try playing CS:S Bot Zombies yet? It's hella fun with small groups. Here's how its done.

1. Start a server with the maximum player limit for the level. (smaller levels are best)

2. Put as many bots in as possible, but make sure they are all on the same team. Set bot difficulty to the hardest option, and make it so they can only use knives.

3. Join the game. Open the console and set mp_teamautobalance 0, and bot_walk 1. This disables autobalance, and makes it so the zombies walk around aimlessly until they see you, at which time they charge at you.

Then simply try to stay alive. Some people play deagle only, but I find the pump shotgun to be very satisfying.

Oh, and it is also cool to prefix the bot teams names with "Zombie" or "BRAIINNSS" or something appropriate.

Sounds awesome. For those of you who play Halo 2, here's a fun zombie game variant:

Make a custom Slayer game, preferably on a closed inside map, and get as many people in there as possible. Set the weapons to swords and shotguns only, and turn off shields. Choose one guy to be the zombie, and put him on the green team. Everyone else is on the blue team; they're humans.

The zombie can use only the sword, and the humans can use only shotguns. Basically, the humans have to try to stay alive as long as possible. When a human kills a zombie, the zombie just respawns, but when a zombie kills a human, that human must switch teams to green, becoming a zombie (then of course he is only allowed to use sword). When there is only one human left, that human "wins" and he gets to be the zombie for the next round. At that point you don't need to do anything to keep playing, just reverse the color roles and start over--so now green is human and blue is zombie.

Zombie is best with sixteen players on a tiny map like Foundation or Midship. On Foundation the humans can hide out in one of the four team rooms and push the crates and stuff into the door to make a barricade. It makes it extremely difficult for the zombies to get in but if you're a zombie and you do make it through it gives you quite a sense of accomplishment.

The trouble with setting bot_skill 4 is they're incredibly fucking hardcore, even if they are wandering around with only knives.

Thats half the fun. They set traps and do their darndest to sneak up behind you. The Source Bot AI is just about the best Zombie AI I have ever seen.

I dunno about zombie AI, but the bots in general are probably the best I've ever seen in any game. Even on level 3 (of 4) they're very challenging (and I'm an OMG 1337 CS0r). On level 4 they're damn-near impossible to survive one round against.

My only problem with playing them on level 3 is that they have a tendency to shoot before they go around a corner. They react to traps way to quickly. But besides that it is an awesome AI.

I once approached a box I knew a bot was hiding behind (level 3). As I got close he shot a couple of times (through the box) and managed to headshot me. Whether it was luck or buggy AI, I dunno.

Zombie Mode, Office, 20 against 1. Beautiful.

While the pump shotty is entertaining, I prefer something a little more chalenging, like a crappy (i.e. non-DEagle) pistol or non-deagle/crappy SMG. Good times, good times. All I need now is a decent Zombie skin for the T's and I'm set.

they don't want to walk :(

edit: oh, they charge at you.. I want them to walk all the time.. is that possible?

edit2: on second thought, that would be really easy unless you sit down in a corner and wait instead of running away..

oh yeah, and I keep running out of ammo