Sign in to follow this  
Golahn

Are the Combines stupid in hl²?

Half-Life 2 is a great game! But the AI is... hum... not very good! See this movie made by the great french site www.nofrag.com : Half-Life 2 flaws and click on Télécharger le fichier!

It's very funny and the music is great!

Warning: if you're a fanboy, do NOT click!

The AI was not as good as I expected, but that may have been because almost every soldier appeared in a scripted event. So you didn't always get to see that AI. It had some highs and some lows.

The video actually demonstrates some good AI half of the time, even though it was intended otherwise. Yeah, so there are a few bugs in it (that most people won't find) and the collision detection is not pixel-perfect, but noone has claimed that the AI is flawless or better than anything before.

I'm not that far yet, but I've seen complex A.I. in one of the video's too. I remember blocking a door, and the combine actually try to open it. They fail, and head to the window next to the door. Things like that.

--Erwin

I think that video is extremely bitter and completely full of itself.

If it tries to make a valid point about the game's AI (which is well possible), then it fails. If it attempts to make a "FUNNY VIDEO OMG LOL" then they've also failed.

Conclusion: lame.

I think that video is extremely bitter and completely full of itself.

If it tries to make a valid point about the game's AI (which is well possible), then it fails. If it attempts to make a "FUNNY VIDEO OMG LOL" then they've also failed.

Conclusion: lame.

Elaborate, man! Elaborate!!

Why does it fail to make a valid point about the AI?

--Erwin

I thought that was genius.

Love it.

I think it made it's point very well and it was funny.