Sign in to follow this  
ThePope

Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal

For those of you that have played this series know how fantastic these games are.

For those of you who have not: you play as a giant cat (lumbox) know as Rachet and his robo friend Clank. There are currently three games to the series, though the first one is not nearly as fun as the second and third IMO.

In Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal, you are tasked with saving the Universe from the evil Dr. Nefarious. With the help of Captain Quark and the Q squad you must battle through 11 planets and five Quarktastic vid-comics.

In Up Your Arsenal you get a total of 16 all new weapons and 4 fan favorites for the previous installment. Each weapon can be upgraded 5 times giving each new powers and abilitys as well as increaseing the amount of ammo you can hold at any givin time. On the second trip through the game (which you will want to do) each weapon can be upgraded another 3 times once the MEGA upgrades are purchesed from the weapons vendor.

In the latest installment a multiplayer has been added, though i have not spent much time with it do to the fact the single player game is SO DAMN FUN!

This game is a fast paced run and gun adventure that is uber funny and a must have for anyone with a playstation 2.

post-254-1337560277878_thumb.jpg

post-254-13375602822271_thumb.jpg

post-254-13375602822722_thumb.jpg

I personaly don't see why these games are prased for their humor, for I find it to be at various levels of dumbass, but they have been getting better at it.

I wouldn't pay fifty dollars for it, but then again I haven't paid fifty dolars for a game in years.

I just saw a commercial for a weapon that turns stuff into sheep. Way to rip off Blizzard... not that they're very original either. What Bc9b said.

There's got to be something fun about this game... It's practically the best-reviewed title of the year.

I've got the first one, and thought it got fairly boring after a short period, as the stuff you do is basically the same all over. You have a great big array of weapons to choose from but end up using the wrench all the time because it's the best (and free).

Maybe this new one is better, I don't know.

I find all of these weapons based platformers totally unsatisfying, despite their high reviews. I quite enjoyed the original Jak and Daxter, but these other SCEA platformers they churn out are so...Pixar.