Sign in to follow this  
Rob Zacny

Three Moves Ahead 478: Oxygen Not Included

Three Moves Ahead 478:

Three Moves Ahead 478

Oxygen Not Included
Nicole Clark joins Rowan and Rob to talk about Klei's Oxygen Not Included and its punishing model of offworld colonizaiton.Learn how everything that can go wrong does go wrong, and how well the game communicates excruciating detail about why your colony is dying.

Oxygen Not Included

Love the pod, but made an account here to ask if you can check the mic levels before episodes--I listen to TMA while commuting, and I couldn't hear Rowan half the time when in the subway, even as Rob before and Nicole after came through clearly.

As for ONI, it hasn't yet clicked for me to play in the same way Rimworld has, though I do enjoy watching other people work through the issues with their colonies. For streamers who enjoy the problem-solving aspects of the game, the macabre charm Nicole mentioned makes it very watchable.

Yeah, I have the same complaint as _bloomy_. This is also an issue with the previous episode, where everyone other than Rob sounded a little muffled, but Rowan's volume is especially uneven in this episode. He ranges from being almost as clear as Rob to being almost completely inaudible

On 15/09/2019 at 9:19 PM, chanman said:

Yeah, I have the same complaint as _bloomy_. This is also an issue with the previous episode, where everyone other than Rob sounded a little muffled, but Rowan's volume is especially uneven in this episode. He ranges from being almost as clear as Rob to being almost completely inaudible

I thought that that was a problem on my end. Apparently I was wrong. So, yeah, both this episode and the last one had some audio problems, which makes me wonder if someone isn't setting this up in order for Hermes, the audio magician, to make a triumphal comeback!

I enjoy the podcast; I just made an account to clear up an incorrect statement about the game real quick. Duplicants do naturally learn their skills, the skill tree merely adds to and increases the max learning stat.