Jayel

PS2/Two and backward compatibility

I wanna get Oddworld games for the original Playstation, but a salesman at EB assures me that it's not compatible with PS2.

I can't tell if he's talking out of his ass or if he's telling the truth.

Have you ever encountered PS games that are NOT compatible with PS2 or PSTwo?

Tell me. the fate of the world depends on it.

Did he have some reason for specifically thinking that Oddworld wouldn't work, or does he just think PS1 games won't work in general? I've never heard of a PS1 game not being PS2 compatible.

I don't know. It was closing time and I was in a rush, so I just dropped it on the floor and said "forget it then"

I'll interrogate him tonight.

edit: oh wait. what am I saying. I won't get a chance to go back to EB until next week. curse my crazy schedules

Not ALL of them work...

I remember palying Arcade Party Pack on the PS2, which had Rampage, Paper Boy and other old games...

I remember one of those games didn't work until I tried it in a PSOne... :shifty:

You know what, I have Abe's Exodus for playstation but never tried it for PS2 (even though I only have a ps2). I'll try it out and see if it works.

All salespeople talk out of their asses five minutes before closing time. Fact.

No. I don't. Mom is always late picking me up from work anyway, so it never matters to me.

I am so nice to customers. Seriously. You want excellent customer service? Phone PC world between 12 and 6pm on Saturday and ask for Rusalka.

Anything at all? Give us a call!

Trep: "Hullo? Hullo? I want to speak to Rusalka, please."

Operator: "Rusalka? Which department is that, sir? I can transfer you to him."

Trep: "It's a 'her.' And I don't know which department. She just stated that she gives good service and to call her."

Operator: "What? I'm sorry, sir, but we are not that kind of business. Now, if you just tell me which department you want I can --"

Trep: "I told you already. I want Rusalka. She claims she gives good --"

Operator: "Sir, I have no idea what you're after, nor do I want to know. This is a computer store, not a -- "

Trep: "I know that, M'AM. Just transfer me to Rusalka, she knows exactly what to give me."

Operator: "Sir, that is just disgusting! If you don't stop this right now I shall be forced to have this call traced."

Just tested oddworld

Like guybrush guy said, Oddworld does work on ps2 and your salesperson eats babies.

You know, I'm going to call that number right now. I'm kidding, of course. I wouldn't dare in a million years.

Oh, and what kind of a name is Rusalka? It's not Irish is it? Sounds... Russian?

Trep: "Hullo? Hullo? I want to speak to Rusalka, please."

Operator: "Rusalka? Which department is that, sir? I can transfer you to him."

Trep: "It's a 'her.' And I don't know which department. She just stated that she gives good service and to call her."

Operator: "What? I'm sorry, sir, but we are not that kind of business. Now, if you just tell me which department you want I can --"

Trep: "I told you already. I want Rusalka. She claims she gives good --"

Operator: "Sir, I have no idea what you're after, nor do I want to know. This is a computer store, not a -- "

Trep: "I know that, M'AM. Just transfer me to Rusalka, she knows exactly what to give me."

Operator: "Sir, that is just disgusting! If you don't stop this right now I shall be forced to have this call traced."

Ha! You forgot to mark the 'a' in Rusalka!

--Erwin

Oh, and what kind of a name is Rusalka? It's not Irish is it? Sounds... Russian?

It's the name of an opera by Dvorak (who was Czech, but the character is russian).

It's the name of an opera by Dvorak (who was Czech, but the character is russian).
It means mermaid in Russian.