jp-30

Dark Forces mod - now there's a reason to reinstall Jedi Academy

The long-worked-on mod for Jedi Academy recreating LucasArts' fps classic Dark Forces is now available for download (well, the first 3 levels anyway).

Official mod website

Download link at lucasfiles.com

Edit: Mirror up here (direct link), as some people are having problems with lucasfiles.com

When you're out there blasting Stormies in the Talay level, be sure to admire my the lovely textures on the little objects. :grin:

The demo features:

The levels "The Secret Base," "After the Massacre" and "The Subterranean Hideout." All designed to take advantage of the Jedi Academy engine. The Secret Base has also been improved since the last demo.

Nearly 5 minutes worth of fully rendered 3D cutscenes.

New weapon models.

New enemies: including the Commando and Dianoga.

High quality MP3 renderings of the Dark Forces Soundtrack.

A new menu system, with audio mission briefings.

The look and feel of the original Dark Forces, whilst also bringing it up to date.

Much, much more.

Wow, I need only read "Dark Forces" to hear the tune again you hear in the first mission. Intruiging. That was a nice game.

Groovy, downloading now. I always thought that Dark Forces and Jedi Knight 1 were way better than the Jedi Knight games that Raven Software developed. Thanks

Groovy, downloading now. I always thought that Dark Forces and Jedi Knight 1 were way better than the Jedi Knight games that Raven Software developed. Thanks

Ahhh - the days when in-house LucasArts was cutting edge... those times are sorely missed.