Sign in to follow this  
Kolzig

Xbox 360

Strangely we've never had a generic Xbox 360 thread at Idle Thumbs forums as far as I could find.

I have a question regarding accounts to anyone who might know about the accounts on 360. I have a Finnish account, but it lacks for example Amazon Prime Video app. Prime Video started here December 2016 and strangely PS3 has quietly got the app for Finland sometime during last year. However for 360 there is no app available with my Finnish account. I know the app is available in USA and UK, so I was planning on making a dummy account with locale set to UK for example and then downloading the app to the console.

I tried to do that several times already, but every time I ran into some strange errors on the Xbox and it did not allow me to have a second Xbox live connected account especially to another locale. Am I doing something wrong or is it just not possible?

I know for example with the PS3 creating accounts to other regions is super easy and that way I got years ago bunch of apps downloaded like the NHL app from my US account.

Well, back in the day, like 6 years ago I remember having a USA and japan acccount on my Uk 360 to get demos. I have no idea what the account creation is like these days but back then you just made a new hotmail/outlook email address and the physical address was tied to that. 

Have you created a new email with address in the UK?

Thanks, did it like that and finally got the second account created. Shame there seems to be some geoblock with the Amazon app as it says it can't be installed. Somehow it's checking that I'm trying to download it from Finland...

I'll ask Amazon why the app has not been extended to all countries where Prime Video is available. Hopefully they will answer something at least.

You'll probably have to use US or UK DNS codes to get to that stuff. Free codes can usually be found around the net tho they don't always work well. You can also shell out 5 bucks a month for something like UnblockUS, which'll do it for you. Also it's of dubious legality. And you didn't hear about it from me.

My HBO Nordic subscription is running out this week and I was thinking about giving the Amazon Prime trial a go myself (on PS4). Looks like they got some good shows on there. The Grand Tour, One Mississippi, The Tick!