Sign in to follow this  
Problem Machine

Slay the Spire: Gettin' Spired

Draft sounds like an interesting modifier, but I'm worried it will drive my choice paralysis through the roof.

23 hours ago, Laco said:

Today's was the wildest I've ever seen. Silent, Draft (a new mod, pick your entire starting deck), Lethal Enemies (everyone starts with 3 strength), and Vintage (normal enemies drop relics) synergised perfectly. I drafted almost entirely 0-cost cards and could always play my entire opening hand, which soon reached 10 cards. After a few relics I was dealing 2 poison (plus 4 damage for each debuff, including poison) with every hit from the start, just in case anyone survived turn one. Only the final boss survived past turn two, and only because it was Time Eater. I normally play very slowly, so this was my first win under an hour.

That was my strategy as well, worked out really nicely.

I thought the perfect-strike-a-palooza of the previous day was hilarious as well (get 3 copies of every card you draft, already start with a 50-card deck). Not quite Mind blast + 50-card deck insane, but close.

The third character has been added to the beta branch, and so far it seems like a ton of fun. It's a bit more gimmicky than the other two characters, using a mechanic where it can stack up several power orb things, each of which has a weak effect at the end of each turn and a more powerful effect when it is invoked, which can happen either explicitly by using a card with that effect or by stacking up more charges than you have capacity for, at which point the least recent one is invoked. I haven't gotten too deep into this system yet, but I'm curious to see where it leads -- there's definitely a lot of potential for them to build on this in interesting ways. This character also has a bunch of cards based around powers, so where ironclad focused on using lots of attacks effectively and silent on lots of skills, now you use a lot of powers, skills which double-cast powers, powers which let you draw whenever you use a power, and so forth. There's also a lot more deck manipulation available, having cards with effectiveness based on how many cards you have in your discard and draw piles, cards to move one to the other, cards to filter cards out of your draw before you draw them, and so forth.

Overall I'm pretty excited about this character and pumped to play more. Unfortunately they just broke the game with a hotfix so I'm posting about it here instead.:lol:

I’m glad there’s another character that makes that one final boss Absolute Hell. At least they nerfed it recently (maybe in preparation for this character?)