Gwardinen

Star Trek Bridge Crew, Goggles or No

Anyone have Bridge Crew on PC? It no longer requires VR goggles and is 50% off on Steam right now (and possibly other places too).

I've tried playing via matchmaking but have run into problems with microphones, terrible audio feedback, unintelligible people and teenagers. I feel like this could be a really fun experience with some other Thumbs, so please let me know if anyone of you are up for it!

I've thought about getting it; I love Artemis. I don't have a current HMD, so I wonder if it's still fun without that. 

It's cool that they removed the requirement, but it seems like it could feel pretty slight without that part of the experience.

I have also always wanted to try Artemis but don't know anyone with it and am not familiar with any of the later ways to play it online.

I've finished and uninstalled it so I probably won't be joining, but I can confirm that it's good stuff in co-op with friends.

(me and my buddies playing it. I'm Sulu-ing it up on the thrusters!)

Gameplay and story-wise it's quite shallow, but the fun comes from cooperating with friends and trying to get things done, forming a plan and then scrambling to adjust when the plan doesn't work. It is super-short though. It's like, 6 missions long. Each mission roughly half an hour. There are procedurally-generated "Continued Voyages" after that, but we didn't bother much with those.

That's not to say that playing with strangers can't be a magical experience on it's own. You never know what might happen. :)

This is the one game recently that I got over my social anxiety to do online matchmaking for. I only managed to get into a couple of missions but had fun with the little that I played. Feel free to add me on steam (name is caledones, but PM if that doesn't work) and if I happen to be around and able to jump into VR, I'll happily play.