zerofiftyone

[RELEASED] EVADER

13 hours ago, infamous space turtle said:

Those high scores are insane, im like 50th. Love it though, good to see it being played a ton. Also your music is always dope Zero so proppsss !

Thanks! I'm not a huge music guy but I learn a little bit more every time I make a game. That reminds me, I uploaded the tracks I made for this game on Soundcloud and then forgot to put them here.

Hi! I'm still playing the game and enjoying it a lot. I have noticed something that I'm not sure is a bug or not. Whenever you destroy a snake enemy from tail-to-head instead of head-to-tail, the next wave seems to spawn a second or two later than usual. This has happened to me quite a few times to the point that I think it might have something to do with the scripting relating to this enemy type. Am I crazy? Has anyone noticed this too? @zerofiftyone do you see any reason why this would be? Thanks again for the cool game!

6 hours ago, WickedCestus said:

Hi! I'm still playing the game and enjoying it a lot. I have noticed something that I'm not sure is a bug or not. Whenever you destroy a snake enemy from tail-to-head instead of head-to-tail, the next wave seems to spawn a second or two later than usual. This has happened to me quite a few times to the point that I think it might have something to do with the scripting relating to this enemy type. Am I crazy? Has anyone noticed this too? @zerofiftyone do you see any reason why this would be? Thanks again for the cool game!

Some people pointed that out over the weekend. I'm not sure what causes it but I'll look into it!

6 hours ago, WickedCestus said:

Also I just beat the #1 high score by 6000 points. Good luck everyone!

Please record a video of one of your crazy high score runs, I need to see this!

This is really great! It has just the right mix of difficult controls and rapid game loop that means that learning how to play well is something you can really feel happening. Lots of really clever design touches (Like the coloured glow that lets you know exactly which enemy is going to spawn where), and it just looks and sound great!

I managed 34th on the leaderboards, with 3,955! Pleased with that.