evilskillit

IdleMC Epoch 7.5 Final Prologue GOTY Edition

Hai everybody!

So I thought the Minecraft server was running and I logged in to see if anyone was on because I was going to unplug my network switch for a moment and didn't want to interrupt anyone's fun.
I see the server wasn't actually running, whoops! I wonder how long it's been? Check the log files, about 40 days now...

Sorry about that, I didn't mean to take down the server without saying anything. I really thought it was running. There must have been a power outage or something that I didn't know about.
Anyways since the server has already been off for 1.2 months and no one has complained I'm going to go ahead and leave it off for now. I don't mind running a Minecraft server and I can fire it back up if anyone wants, also I can post the world file for download if anyone wants to play with it, but I don't want to worry about having to keep the server running if no one is using it.

If anyone wants to play some more, wants me to host something else, wants the world file, or just needs to get a hold of me at all message me here, or on the Idle Thumbs slack or at my username at gmail.com

*Super bump*

I converted my backup of this world to Bedrock edition and am now hosting it for anyone to join:

Unfortunately this is the only one I have, and the old archive idlemc.com is long gone. @tabacco if you're still around do you (or anyone else) have the worlds backed up somewhere?

Edited by Paul Smith
No longer live

Ah, looks like the domain expired. I do have them all, I'll try to set up a new hostname for the site tonight if I have time.

Edit: I've set up the archive at http://idlemc.idlethumbs.net - it's serving the wrong cert via https, so you'll get a security warning when you try to access it that way, but I'll fix that up later tonight. Plain http should be fine (and there's nothing especially sensitive on that domain anyway)

Thanks a lot I'll post again when I convert the others. I rewatched the old thumbs MC stream recently and am looking forward to checking out the giant robot and the tree tower for myself

Aaand it's done. 600,579 chunks, nearly 40 billion blocks. All Idle Thumbs Minecraft worlds hosted on a Realm and playable on your Switch, Windows 10 or whatever else runs Bedrock edition.

Epochs 3-5 appear to be the same world at different times so I only included 5. 7.5 came later than the others and was run by Evilskillit, I put it in the wrong place but I'm not going to go back and change it.

You spawn in Epoch 1, to get to the others keep going East (increasing X coordinate).

To teleport bring up the chat menu and type in the below. The middle coordinate is the vertical axis, I put in 100 just to make sure you don't get stuck in the ground.

/teleport 0 100 0
/teleport 3900 100 0
/teleport 15200 100 0
/teleport 23700 100 0
/teleport 31500 100 0
/teleport 37600 100 0

So far the only thing I've found that's broken is maps, eg. my cool visitor centre posted earlier this thread. Please let me know if you find anything else.

I didn't convert the Nether, hopefully there was nothing major built there.

Nick has said he might stream this at some point so if you haven't already, follow him at https://www.twitch.tv/idlethumbs

Thanks to @Tabacco and @Evilskillit for hosting these worlds and providing the backups.

idle.png

Edited by Paul Smith
No longer live

This is awesome!

Epochs 3 and 4 were definitely new world, we wiped away the server each time and started fresh.

The fourth (I think) had a very extensive subway system, if I recall. But it predates booster tracks, so it relied on the old "make one cart clip into another cart" physics trick.

One of the pieces of software I was using is buggy and doesn't refresh it properly between maps sometimes, so when Ioaded 4 it still contained part of 3 so it looked to me like the same world. I've gone back and re-created the combined map, this time with all the worlds and with 7.5 placed last.

According to Nick's calendar he'll stream Minecraft on the weekend.

idle.png

Thanks again for doing this! Is hosting this revival costing you anything? I'd be happy to donate a bit towards the cost, if so.

Thanks, I'm just using my personal Realm and will revert to that when hosting the Thumbs world is no longer useful. I don't expect many people to be logging onto it much following Nick's stream. Once I've got the glitches ironed out (missing chunks etc) I'll upload the 'final' version of both the Java and the Bedrock combined world, and if you have space on your server you could host the files there if you want. The files are about 2GB each.

I can host 'em no problem. If nothing else I'll probably put them in S3.