Sign in to follow this  
Ben X

Person of Interest

I finished Season 4 of POI, which is the last season Netflix currently has.  The show definitely got a lot more interesting as it went on.  I wish the individual episode plots had some more substance and less predictability but they do a good job of fitting into the overall plot of the series.  My main complaint about that is when a previous POI shows up again but by that point I've forgotten who they are yet the show seems to expect me to just remember everyone.  I'm also mildly disappointed with the way some of the big side plots were resolved, specifically the Brotherhood story.  Still, I really want to track down that last season.  I wish CBS sucked less when it comes to letting people watch their shows (I'm frankly surprised POI is even on Netflix at all).

Finally finished the last season of Person of Interest last night.

Welp.

I need to do that before it slips too much from my mind

I have mixed feelings!

I mean it concludes the story! It's also only 13 eps so shorter than previous seasons. I think it felt rushed and I'm not entirely satisfied with the conclusion, but I'm not sure I would have been no matter what they did.

Which is weird because I usually don't have problems with endings. For example, I like BSG's and Lost's respective endings! (fite me)

Finally finished the last season of Person of Interest last night.

Welp.

While I haven't started watching it yet, I noticed that the fifth season of POI is now on Netflix.  They were kind enough to add it to my queue and include it in my recently watched list even though I haven't watched the show in months.

I finally got around to watching the rest of Person of Interest.  Mildly disappointed with the ending, it honestly felt too easy.

They spent most of the last couple seasons hiding underground from Samaritan, almost constantly on the run, even losing the Machine at one point.  Then they restore it with a bunch of networked PS3s and completely kick its ass.  Yes, they lost Elias, Root, and Reese but I felt like there was basically no resistance from the all-powerful AI.  It let Harold steal some crazy super-virus, sneak into the NSA, walk right up to its backups in the Federal Depository, and then just casually commandeer a satellite dish to destroy its final backup.  I know the Machine helped but it lost literally billions of simulated conflicts with Samaritan and had zero wins.  It really should have been harder to do all that.

Still overall it was better than I expected.  I kind of wish it had continued on because I find the setup at the end more interesting than the show's original start.

Yeah that's pretty much how I felt!!

I still liked the show overall a lot though.

I finally got around to watching the rest of Person of Interest.  Mildly disappointed with the ending, it honestly felt too easy.

They spent most of the last couple seasons hiding underground from Samaritan, almost constantly on the run, even losing the Machine at one point.  Then they restore it with a bunch of networked PS3s and completely kick its ass.  Yes, they lost Elias, Root, and Reese but I felt like there was basically no resistance from the all-powerful AI.  It let Harold steal some crazy super-virus, sneak into the NSA, walk right up to its backups in the Federal Depository, and then just casually commandeer a satellite dish to destroy its final backup.  I know the Machine helped but it lost literally billions of simulated conflicts with Samaritan and had zero wins.  It really should have been harder to do all that.

Still overall it was better than I expected.  I kind of wish it had continued on because I find the setup at the end more interesting than the show's original start.

I felt the same way and chalk it down to only having 13 episodes as opposed to the usual 22. I think some of the people behind the show mentioned more of a focus on Samaritans newest recruit from this episode.

The ending felt very rushed, like they knew it was coming to a close and were scrambling to tie up the loose ends before that happened (which is probably the case).  Up until that point the show was good about explaining things with very little sleight of hand, and even then it was mostly believable.  What really bums me out is the last couple episodes present a lot of things that I would have loved to see more of in the future such as

the "B" team that was composed of former persons of interest, Shaw running the show with Reese and Finch gone, Fusco having knowledge of the Machine, the Machine potentially taking a more active role, etc.