Sign in to follow this  
ryansumo

Political Animals

My name is Ryan Sumo, artist of Prison Architect and cofounder of Squeaky Wheel, an independent PC game studio based in the Philippines.  We launched our new game “Political Animals” a few months ago.  To be honest it did quite poorly, and I was hoping to take this opportunity to get some feedback on the game.  First off, here’s a quick description of the game:

Political Animals is a turn-based political strategy game set in a world populated by corrupt crocodiles, meritocratic mice, and populist pigs. Decide whether to be a clean or corrupt candidate as you pick from a selection of unique staff to plot your personal strategy to victory.  Events will be thrown your way that force you to choose between the high road or to bow to political pragmatism.  In a political contest where graft and bribery is always around the corner, we want you to find out how incorruptible you really are.

Political Animals was received favorably by players at PAX (as part of the Indie Megabooth), EGX, BICFest and TGS It was published by Positech Games and is out on Steam/Gog/Humble for Windows/Mac/Linux.”

With that out of the way, I’d like to ask you folks to take a look at our Steam page then ask couple of questions:

1. Had you ever heard about Political Animals before?  If yes, where did you hear about it?

2. After seeing the store page, are you interested in purchasing it or putting it on your wishlist?  Why or why not?

That’s it!  Any feedback you give would definitely help us pinpoint where we went wrong, at least in terms of marketing the game.

I’m also happy to field any questions about the game, indie dev in general and game dev in the Philippines in specific. Thanks for your time!

1. I'd read about it here: https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/here-are-two-great-political-games-to-help-you-get-through-election-day

2. no because I hardly play anything on PC these days. I do have a wishlist, but if it's any indication there is at least one title on my wishlist with a free demo that I haven't even bothered trying. If there were an iphone port political animals sounds like something I might consider, but I'm mostly gaming on phone or ps4.

Hey Thanks for the feedback.  I'm actually floored and had no idea waypoint had written about us!  An iOS port is a possibility, but I think we'll stick to the tablet unless we can make sure that it's actually playable on a smaller screen.

I heard of it and it looked good but I remember just being so burnt out on politics at the time because the United States had such a painful election that I just wanted nothing to do with the game. But now that I've had some time away from that I'll add it to my wishlist and buy it when my backlog clears up a little bit and I have some more money saved up.