Sign in to follow this  
SuperBiasedMan

Blight: From the people who ruined your life with Neptune's Pride

Has anyone else played Blight at all? It's from the makers of Neptune's Pride and Subterfuge. A slow scale real time strategy game. You send an army to a neighbouring town and it can take 3-8 real world hours.

Unlike in NP though, this is a co-op game. All the human players are working together against zombies to try and repel the hordes. It's got some really neat ideas. You only produce gold when you have civilians left in a town, so if you train too many up as soldiers then your money starts to dry up. And the zombies will turn the soldiers of yours that they beat, unless you swoop in with an army that can burn the bodies before they rise as undead.

I like the co-op more, because it avoids the problem of there only ever being 1 winner. I liked the paranoia that the Thumbs talked about with NP, but going into the games I did play, I knew I'd lose. It was just a question of how long I could hold out.

Is anyone else playing? I've played a couple games now and I'm having fun, it'd be interesting to try a game with thumb folks.

This sounds really cool -- I've been intrigued by Neptune's Pride and Subterfuge, but I'm the type of person who would ruin his life checking the game at all hours of the day (and night). Co-op seems like it would be lower stakes.

I'd be up for a game if you decide to do one!