Sign in to follow this  
Cordeos

MechWarrior: 5 Mercenaries

I know its almost two years out, but I am super excited. MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries came out in 2002 and I loved it. I still have the joystick and throttle I got to play the game better. I am considering checking out the Living Legends revival now. I want MechWarrior!

In terms of features, all I really care about is being able to lead a lance, or two, and deep customization. The lack of being able to make my own loadouts is what turned me off Mech Assualt 1&2 and MechWarrior Online. Here's hoping this game is good!

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/12/05/mechwarrior-5-mercenaries-announced/

I don't really have a lot of faith in PGI, the developers. They've been making MWO this whole time, and MWO is... lackluster in various ways. On the plus side, the art has always been beautiful, so even if it sucks, it'll be a great looking mess. I still remember the time they tried to crowdfund "Transverse," a blatant Star Citizen ripoff, with a $1 million goal and a $2 million stretch goal which would let spaceships fight each other (!).

11 minutes ago, TychoCelchuuu said:

I don't really have a lot of faith in PGI, the developers. They've been making MWO this whole time, and MWO is... lackluster in various ways. On the plus side, the art has always been beautiful, so even if it sucks, it'll be a great looking mess. I still remember the time they tried to crowdfund "Transverse," a blatant Star Citizen ripoff, with a $1 million goal and a $2 million stretch goal which would let spaceships fight each other (!).

If it fails hard enough maybe someone else can get the license :)

I hear you on not trusting the dev, my hope comes from it being single player so maybe it won't suffer from the same issues MWO has.There is also that turn based battletech game is coming out, looks pretty interesting. I still prefer piloting my own mech.

The video looks really promising. Gaaahhhh! I so wish for a great modern MechWarrior single player game.

Somebody should rescue the old MW games also to GoG etc.

I'd love to play again MW2 after all these years.

4 minutes ago, Kolzig said:

The video looks really promising. Gaaahhhh! I so wish for a great modern MechWarrior single player game.

Somebody should rescue the old MW games also to GoG etc.

I'd love to play again MW2 after all these years.

I recently tried to install MW4 Mercs on my windows 10 machine and it wouldn't run ;(