Sign in to follow this  
Vasari

[FINALLY RELEASED] Super Briefly!

Super Briefly is finished!

A last-minute cold kept me bedridden all weekend, but I managed to crawl to my desk and finish the game.

https://vasari.itch.io/super-briefly

I didn't get everything I wanted to done, but I'm a week past the end of the jam now so I though it would be better to polish everything up and release it instead of adding more features.

Original post below:

----------------------------------

Hi everyone! My game this time isn't based on an episode title, it's based on this discussion from Idle Thumbs 182:

As far as I know, Danielle hasn't made this yet, so it falls to me. In Super Briefly, the good people of the city are beset by numerous simultaneous crimes, and only one man can stop them - Super Briefly! Each level will have a collection of different crimes that are all about to be committed, and the player will have to quickly stop each one from happening by hitting them in the perfect order.

In the last jam I was really disorganised and made most of the game up as I went along, which didn't give the rest of the team much time to make assets. This time I want to plan everything in advance, so I'm writing up a short design doc that I'll have uploaded before the jam starts.

I'm hoping to find some cool team members for the following roles:

- 2D art

- Music/Audio

I haven't had much to say about my work yet, since I'm mostly working on boring logic for win/loss conditions, but I wanted to show off some of Valorian's awesome background art:

city1dayL.png

city1nightL.png

And Arthur's rendition of the titular Super Briefly:

sb v2 blonde.png

And last but not least, @Lompeboy is working on audio! (Spoilers, it sounds great!)

OH my gosh! Those cityscapes! That caped crusader! This all looks great, good luck!

So Super Briefly isn't done yet. Life became incredibly hectic over the past few weeks and I wasn't able to work on the game nearly as much as I wanted to. But I don't want to abandon the project after all the hard work everyone put in, so I'm going to continue working on it and hopefully have it uploaded by Friday.

But until then, here's a playable build! This shows some of the basic gameplay: use the arrow keys to turn left and right. To beat the level, you need to arrest the vandal and the robber, return the loot to the bank, and rescue the cat from the tree.

You'll notice there's no audio in this build. Unfortunately Lompeboy found a job partway through the jam (Which actually isn't unfortunate at all) so he didn't have time to work on the audio. If anyone is willing to step in to provide music/SFX I'd be extremely grateful!

Super Briefly.exe