Tanukitsune

What software do you use to make a trailer?

(I'm not sure where to post this?)

I'm getting a bit frustrated with OBS, no matter how much I tweak the settings, the text is rather blurry...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhNMh5MDiY0

(I know I shouldn't show the cursor, but I'm just testing to get a decent looking text first)

Do I try some other software? I tried editing in Windows Move Maker, but it looks like an even blurrier mess.

I'll try to figure out the editing myself, I just can't seem get the recording to not look blurry.

OK, this is getting silly... I managed to record 30 secs of footage with Fraps and it actually looks GREAT, but when I open in a video editor or upload it to YouTube, it looks blurry again.

This is weird, with Windows Player it looks great, but everywhere else...

If you're looking for free software to edit trailers with there aren't many good options. Most of all you want software that can support multiple tracks of audio. DaVinci Resolve 12.5, while primarily for color grading also has very good looking editing functions, especially for FREE. I've only dabbled with it because my primary software is Premiere Pro, but compared to other free options out there it's light years ahead, provided your rig can run it.

Other than that I've heard Lightworks is also free, but I've never used it before so I can't vouch for it.

I was told the reason it looked weird was because RPG Maker VX Ace displays in a weird resolution, I was able to solved it, although it does look a bit stretched.