Rob Zacny

Episode 352: Atlantic Fleet

Three Moves Ahead 352:

911__header.jpg

Atlantic Fleet

Our Patreon patrons have spoken and they chose Atlantic Fleet, a World War II naval warfare game available on mobile and PC. Rob, Bruce, and Troy "Lining Up Shots to Fire Out the Rear" Goodfellow find Atlantic Fleet to be a solid investment for $10, even if there are a few nagging flaws.

Atlantic Fleet

I'm surprised you mentioned Scorched Earth but not Worms, which was/is kind of a Scorched Earth/Lemmings mashup.

I'm looking forward to finding out what Troy finds "hideous" about Rule the Waves. Sure, it's got some quirks in scenario generation, and the UI That Time Forgot, but even with those weaknesses it's just so much dreadnought-building fun.

Hi - long time listener, first time poster.

Great episode and I think the summary was good - it's a $10 game...

The secret to ASW is counter intuitively to use torpedoes - get your destroyer as close as possible and let loose a salvo. I won the Battle of the Atlantic by 1941 through this exploit. I think some of the later ships had hedgehogs and squid systems fitted - but never persisted long enough to get those options.

Generally the game is a unbalanced as a naval warfare simulator, but it has rewhetted my appetite for some big gun action.The last thing I played was Fighting Steel from SSI...