Sign in to follow this  
Salka

An Abuse of Basic Human Rights (in Doom 3, apparently)

This is an old thread, but I just have to commend Yufster on that rant. It was brilliant -- a thing of beauty. There's little better than a good rant that hits the nail on the head.

Well, I finally played the damn demo. Aside from having to do so at 'basic' graphics settings .... :shifty: ..... I thought ultimately it was okay. Pretty standard. Having to switch b/t flashlight and weapon was at first 'cute' but then it got pretty stupid, and I couldn't help think how moronically cosmetic, artificial, and cheap it was for the designers to create suspense this way. How 'imaginative' of them. :blink:

I think it would have been more effective if they had the zombies and beasties far tougher and come at you NOT EVERY FIVE FOOKING SECONDS, but randomly and far less frequently so that you have no idea. Play up the tension, man, by having you hear them before seeing them. But as it is, it's just too..... I dunno, conventionally 'scary'. Scary isn't even the right word to use here.

And to Rusalka. I don't see the beef of your problem, man. The levels were designed according to the entire experience as a game, not as a freaking blueprint for an actual Mars facility! With all due respect, now that I think about your little rant in this light .......... :hah:

And Trep's final thought: "Doom 3 will be purchased by me once it goes for really cheap (as cheap as its boo! funhouse scares) and when I finally have the proper rig to run it at highest settings." :yep:

And Trep's final thought: "Doom 3 will be purchased by me once it goes for really cheap (as cheap as its boo! funhouse scares) and when I finally have the proper rig to run it at highest settings." :yep:

I'll follow your example.

--Erwin