coughlinjon

game dev teammates

Hey all,

I've been chipping away at my own small games for about a year and, while I'm learning a lot, I bet I'd learn a lot faster if I had a teammate or two.

I want to make a lot of small projects (less than a month each) so I can round out some skills. Eventually I'd like to make a small game for commercial release, but I need to develop my style and proficiency first.

I am an engineer during the day, so I do most of my game dev before/after work and on weekends. I've gotten bored with the engineering I do and I'd like to become a proficient enough programmer to write code professionally during the day.

I'm working in Unity with C# and you can find my tiny projects at coughlinjon.itch.io - kayak and chorus boy are probably the most accessible ;)

Let me know if you'd like to try working together :)

Jon

Hello! I'm new to game development as well having only made a few simple 2d games while I was taking classes in college. I've been trying to make my own small narrative first person projects but I'm approaching a point at which my coding ignorance is causing any small problem to become a multiple day ordeal. I'm also working in Unity with C# so if you would like to collaborate, my requests would be simple and anything you found that you wanted to work on I'd be more than happy to help with what little knowledge I have!

I meant to reply to this long ago... I don't know if I can be as dependable of a teammate that you need right now, but I am pretty much your doppelganger:

I am an engineer during the day, so I do most of my game dev before/after work and on weekends. I've gotten bored with the engineering I do and I'd like to become a proficient enough programmer to write code professionally during the day.

I might be up for collaborating on something somehow soon, too. January probably isn't my time. I'd like to see what the two of you come up with, though, so if you could update us on your project when it's done, that'd be really cool.

Lol, awesome. Send me email addresses and we'll start some Google docs and open a unity project on bitbucket :D

We'll start emailing around tomorrow for some concepts.