Henroid

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes

Haven't played this yet but I'm super excited. Heading to a small party I think will contain a fair percentage of game industry type folks this weekend and thought I'd share my slightly overzealous prep...

• Loaded the game onto my Surface Pro with bluetooth controller/mouse so it's easy for someone to be "with the bomb" somewhere in the room where people can't see.
    • (Oculus Rift would be optimal/amazing but I simply don't have the money/hardware to make that portable.)
  • Printed defusal manual into a 3 ring binder because I feel like multiple people poring over a physical object is the intended atmosphere as opposed to people flipping through it on their phones and tablets.
    • (Did you know the actual .pdf has that bad photocopy effect you get when you make copies of copies BUILT IN? This detail excites me far more than is reasonable...)
  • Pages are inside slick plastic sleeves with some heft/thickness so you can scrawl temporary notes right on the manual in dry erase marker.
    • (Some modules appear to benefit greatly from a bit of visual elimination or note taking.)
  • I've included some colored clippy tabs in case the group wants to mark particular modules for rapid review.

Wish me luck guys! I'm planning on mostly teaching and observing how different people tackle the challenges. I'll try to remember to report back about how it went over and what aspects of the design wound up generating the most interesting moments.

<Pictures>

I think I might try to get a similar setup configured for next weekend's post Halloween party. I haven't gotten to play this at all because I want to go in blind with whomever I play with and I'm starting to get itchy. Thankfully my wife has a laptop so at least we've got the hidden screen part covered.