Sign in to follow this  
matthew

'Cruisin' for a Word that Rhymes With Cruisin'' or 'The Silken Goku'

So I'm throwing my hat into the ring pretty late. I hope i can accomplish something though. I literally have nothing to do for the next 2 days besides eat, sleep, and hang out with friends. My goal for this is just to make a 2D platformer character controller that feels good to use. I haven't made many games, and I've made 0 where the 'feel' is right. The level itself could be an empty room for all I care, with no art assets. So my ideas are:

1) Cruisin' for a Word that Rhymes With Cruisin': This is the one I will probably do. Cycle between all of your powers to get through the level! Your powers include: boozin', bruisin', fusin', losin', musin', oozin', schmoozin', & snoozin'

2) This would just be a Kid Goku character controller. I'd want him to have a few basic abilities - kamehameha, nyoibo, and nimbus. not sure how to integrate nimbus into it though.

I vote for "Cruisin'" (and also for you adding [DEVLOG] to your subject title once it's applicable!).

My goal for this is just to make a 2D platformer character controller that feels good to use. I haven't made many games, and I've made 0 where the 'feel' is right. The level itself could be an empty room for all I care, with no art assets.

This is a good idea for a 2-day entry. If I encounter a jam in the future that I want to participate in but don't feel like making a full game, maybe I'll do a polish-a-single-mechanic idea like this. :tup:

P.S. Bonus points if you come up with an ability for Recusin'. :P

Sign in to follow this