Sign in to follow this  
jp-30

Infocom's H2G2 remade & online. Plus art contest.

As part of the BBC's new Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy Website, the old infocom adventure has been spruced up with a funky "guide" interface (still text input though!), and (horror!) graphics. Though the graphics have been done by Rod Lord in the same style he used in the 'guide' sections of the BBC TV series, and are rather lovely.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/hitchhikers/game.shtml

hh_biscuits.jpg

The radio play's been redone too, sniff around the site for more info...

AND they're taking fan submissions for illustrations for parts of the game;

We need your help to finish building the interface for the Hitchhiker game.

Many of the more exotic locations and items still need graphics. Send us your illustrations and the best will be added to the game.

We will be offering runner up prizes of CD boxed sets of the new series. Rod Lord will be selecting an overall winner who will be invited to take part in a recording for the next series and receive a script signed by the cast.

Hooray! :clap:

Tell me about it. After my introduction to PC gaming via Infocom's Zork I- III, I've gotten soft in the interim years due to LucasArts 'no death' policy.

It comes as quite a shock to my pampered self to get killed in an adventure game every 5 bloody minutes.

Um... the radio play is NOT being redone, it's being continued. There's a difference :)

Did anyone listen to the first episode? Was it any good?

It was awesome. It's still available as either a WMA or RA stream from the BBC's website.