Jon N/A

[Dev Log] Don't Look at Me, I'm Hideo (GDC '09)

An adventure/stealth game about first impressions in top-down perspective.

I've never made a game before, and I don't have a lot of time these days, but the idea has me excited for now.. I'll probably try and do something until the excitement lasts.

So, the player is Hideo Kojima in the GDC hall*. In talking to others, you can try and not have an awkward introduction using the sentence: "Don't look at me, I'm Hideo". You can try to say it so that it seems like you're joking, or that you genuinely want some privacy for now, but how the other person takes that phrase is entirely random. If its awkward to the other guy, he/she remembers the first impression. The person might go around and share the experience with others, or not. Either way, your journey to (optionally) save your face and avoiding those whom you've had an awkward encounter with - in early MGS style gameplay -  begins from there.

I also have a few ideas for more embarrassing/non-embarrassing introduction options. I might try and implement an "insult sword-fighting" style of gameplay for the verbal intros.

Not sure about the ending yet, or if there should be one. Maybe reaching your private room? And the 'score'[?] could be represented by the audience response when you get the lifetime achievement award? Maybe its the amount of

you get vs. Normal Applause? :P

Engine: Adventure Game Studio

* Is there a public hall at GDC?

This sounds cool! I really hope I get to play it. I've just started game dev myself, and I really felt good about finishing my first game. I hope you get to have that feeling. 

If you need any help, please ask. I'm new, but I'll try to help. :)

Thanks!

I really hope I get to play it. I've just started game dev myself, and I really felt good about finishing my first game. I hope you get to have that feeling.

I hope so too.. about both those points :)