Sno

EA throws its support behind Good Old Games

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/35015/Electronic_Arts_Back_Catalog_Comes_To_Good_Old_Games.php

This is kind of a big win for GoG, EA has been one of the big holdouts.

Still no System Shock, but i am very delighted to see Crusader on the service.

IMDDYMtfo94

I absolutely love the Crusader series, even with the clunky tank controls.

They were such deep and interesting action games, like an isometric Deus Ex.

Edited by Sno

no System Shock or Syndicate :sad:

still, nice score. does EA own the rights to all the Wing Commander games? I'd be stoked to see WC3 show up

Dear EA: Give me all the Bullfrog games. Now, please. I will trade you money for them.

Sincerely,

Me.

still, nice score. does EA own the rights to all the Wing Commander games? I'd be stoked to see WC3 show up

Dear EA: Give me all the Bullfrog games. Now, please. I will trade you money for them.

Sincerely,

Me.

Both of your, mine and I'm sure thousands if not millions of others hopes are answered on day 1.

http://www.gog.com/en/news/new_release_wing_commander_privateer

http://www.gog.com/en/news/new_release_dungeon_keeper

E: Oh no. . .oh gods. . .you won't hear from me for months when SMAC releases. . .

awesome... if they improve the controls of Crusader I will buy them again. It's not difficult to get those games running on current machines, but the controls are quite clunky, they always have been.

awesome... if they improve the controls of Crusader I will buy them again. It's not difficult to get those games running on current machines, but the controls are quite clunky, they always have been.

They weren't that bad. Sure it was some RE-style tank controls, but that game presented you with a lot of options for how to move more effectively within that framework. The hardest part was just getting comfortable with all those different evasive commands, particularly the strafing roll, which is what really makes the game very playable.

RE game?

Resident Evil.

You know, standing in one place and slowly rotating, that whole control convention. Basically every survival horror game prior to RE and up to and including RE4 was doing it. Crusader reminds me of that style of control, except Crusader gives you a ton of evasive maneuvers on top of it.

The Crusader games are not survival (horror) games. Anyway, the clunkyness in crusader's controls often lead to falling of ledges to your death, and that's annoying.

The Crusader games are not survival (horror) games.

I'm not saying that they are, only that the control is reminiscent of survival horror games.

I've still never played System Shock, though I really, really want to. A bit worried that I have elevated Syndicate in my memory to levels that replaying could never really reach.

I've still never played System Shock, though I really, really want to. A bit worried that I have elevated Syndicate in my memory to levels that replaying could never really reach.

Do a search for System Shock Portable. I've no idea why someone made it, but it's been out there for years with no complaints from anybody.

Do a search for System Shock Portable. I've no idea why someone made it, but it's been out there for years with no complaints from anybody.

Cheers, thanks! Really looking forward to this.

Cheers, thanks! Really looking forward to this.

Make sure you go into the options and enable everything, one-by-one, and then set the game to 1024x768 in the in game menu options. (That's if you want mouse-look, etc.)

EA coming to GoG is AWESOME!

So many treasure chests full of old games. I for one am happy to give my wallet to EA and GoG!

Origin games, Bullfrog games, Crusader, Privateer. This is going to be wild. Does Little Big Adventure belong to EA? I remember EA being the publisher for those magnificent Frederick Raynal games. They even sold those in the EA Classics ugly light blue boxes back in the days of old men.

Does Little Big Adventure belong to EA? I remember EA being the publisher for those magnificent Frederick Raynal games. They even sold those in the EA Classics ugly light blue boxes back in the days of old men.

No, iirc EA doesn't own anything from LBA. It's mostly owned by Fred and some other guy. Anyway, it was complicated and that's the reason why LBA isn't on GOG yet.