Sno

Discover exotic animals and wear them as hats - MH4U Multiplayer Networking

Here's a thread for people to organize Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate groups in. (Keep in mind that multiplayer lobbies cap at four people.)

Generally, you're going to want to exchange 3DS friend codes or post gathering hall information, suggest and set times to play, and probably decide upon a way to facilitate team communication in a way that is superior to the kludgy text chat inside of the game.

Newbies:

Some basic multiplayer etiquette:

1 - Watch your attack arcs, don't mindlessly dog pile on the monster and knock friendly players out of their careful positioning.

2 - Don't try to be a hero. If you need to leave the area to have a few seconds to get your shit in order, do it. Don't be the one that fails the mission with the third death when the monster is already crippled and nearly dead.

3 - If somebody mounts the monster, stop attacking it until they either succeed in toppling it, or are knocked off. If you attack while the monster is mounted, it automatically fails the mini-game for whoever is riding. Instead, use that time to get your stuff in order so you can make your move when the monster is toppled.

4 - Be prepared for the missions, as depending on the supply box is bad form. Don't wander into extreme cliamtes without the appropriate drinks, and if you're not familiar with the monsters, at the very least check the in-game monster guides for clues about what additional supplies you should bring, such as nulberries/antidotes/deordorants/etc.

5 - Prancing is encouraged.

High rank and G rank players: If you're playing with lower ranks, don't be a dick. Go to the weapon/armor shop and throw on some low rank gear so other people can still have thrilling, challenging fights.

Everybody: Be forthcoming with information. It's a big and stupidly complex game, so help each other learn the ropes.

You might also want to consider trading guild cards so you can gain occasional bonuses from playing with each other, in addition to having more people available for your offline gathering halls. You can also trade guild quests you've earned from expeditions and provide each other with opportunities to farm rare monsters. (Lastly, you can also trade palicoes and help each other out that way too.)

Here's a link back to the main discussion thread.

I'm down for some hunts during the day (American afternoon-evening?) most days. I'm still on HR1 though, since I've mostly been focussing on caravan quests. My friend code is 3453-9810-3448.

While browsing around for information I found this subreddit where people organise hunts together. They have a teamspeak server which is open to all, I don't suppose it'd be too cheeky to pop in there and make a passworded room if a few of us are playing? The details are on the sidebar, I won't repost them here just in case.

In any case I'll be plinking away at low level stuff for the next few hours if anyone wants to lend a hand. The room code is 14-8907-3028-9428.

Edit: Closed it down. Let's organise something once we get a few more people interested.

My schedule is flexible as heck, so I am good to hunt basically any time.

Friend code is 2122 - 7129 - 9002.

In any case I'll be plinking away at low level stuff for the next few hours if anyone wants to lend a hand. The room code is 14-8907-3028-9428.

Edit: Closed it down. Let's organise something once we get a few more people interested.

I have some low-rank gathering hall quests to finish up, and a bunch of high-rank quests to do, so i might do something like this. (There's also always arena quests to attempt, and guild quests/guild cards/palicoes to trade.) I could put up a passworded gathering hall and post the information here, but around what times would people be looking for games?