Sign in to follow this  
clyde

Robocraft

I happened across this free-to-play multiplayer-only game on Steam called Robocraft. I've only played it for an hour, so I might be wrong about some things, but here is what it looks like.

You get a certain number of cubes, guns, and wheels. Then you assemble them however you like. You and about ten other people who also built bots battle another team. There appears to be two ways to win. Each team has a base that is just a circular platform. When a vehicle is parked on the enemy's base, a meter fills up; the team that fills up that meter the fastest wins. Or you can just destroy all the enemy team's vehicles. It is pretty simple. 

The game-loop is pretty great and the games are short. Build your vehicle in the garage, go into battle. the most basic weapon just destroys a cube for each hit. This means that there are vehicles stranded because their wheels were shot off or vehicles who are driven in circles because some of their wheels have been shot off. A lot of people flip over. It's pretty fun. 

There is some sort of upgrade web and assumably you can pay to get more guns or something. I don't know about that stuff. But it is super fun to just get an idea for a vehicle, make it and then go into battle with it. 

Robocraft-Online-Client_6.jpg

Here is a tip: I currently have three vehicle slots. It tool me a second to figure this out, but you have a limited amount of guns (for example), but if you remove the guns from one vehicle, you have them available to put on another. 

Robocraft%20(22).jpg